Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PinkBallWIMB: Presumably it can't be lunch and tea for the day-night Test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm going to find this whole thing very odd, I fear.
    Not sure they've thought this through. Drunken enough affairs at the weekends of a normal test, let alone a day/night one!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not sure they've thought this through. Drunken enough affairs at the weekends of a normal test, let alone a day/night one!
    It'll be fine. Edgbaston is always a quiet affair.

A muggy, overcast evening under lights in Birmingham - the ball will be hooping round corners imo.

A muggy, overcast evening under lights in Birmingham - the ball will be hooping round corners imo.
    Bowl, bowl and bowl again on this one

Bowl, bowl and bowl again on this one
    I suggest batting first, scoring quickly and then declaring when it gets dark.

I doubt it'll swing as much in the dark*

*This is based on a massive hunch with absolutely no credible data to back it up

I doubt it'll swing as much in the dark*

*This is based on a massive hunch with absolutely no credible data to back it up
    a certain J Anderson has said that the pink ball doesn't do as much as the red one... just wobbles around a bit
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    a certain J Anderson has said that the pink ball doesn't do as much as the red one... just wobbles around a bit
    Seeing as the white ball does feck all it would make sense that the pinkun does half of feck all.

Yes, but you always say that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, but you always say that.
    Not a bad call against this bowling attack! If Stokes and Bairstow get in against this bowling we could rack up 400 odd today, in fact we might anyway!