Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kyle Walker to Citeh for £50m.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well the PL rules about annual wage bill increments don’t apply to just us.

They already have Silva, the keeper and for arguments sake Walker. I expect they will or already have released a few from their wage bill but are having serious problems with 1-2 others such as Nasri.

You would have to assume the above trio will far exceed a combined £140k per week.

Perhaps they will have found a new source of non-television based revenue to add to their coffers.
    I read somewhere that the wage rule doesn’t apply if you can show increases in commercial revenue. Wont City just conjure up another ludicrous commercial deal or sponsorship from a company that looks suspiciously linked to their owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I read somewhere that the wage rule doesn’t apply if you can show increases in commercial revenue. Wont City just conjure up another ludicrous commercial deal or sponsorship from a company that looks suspiciously linked to their owners?
    Correct, there is some crossover with non-television related revenues. Which indeed you will have noted had you read my final sentence.

I expect that as was the case with previous nonsense like FFP there are ways of getting around it other than the obvious one of reducing one’s wage bill. I expect with a little bit of digging around one could find a listing of City players who are still employees of the club, and thus their salaries included in their annual accounts, but who do not kick a ball for them, very handsomely paid players whose salaries are making them very difficult to move on – Joe Hart, Samir Nasri, Eliaquim Mangala.

You cannot even ask a fee for these fúckers.

See also Wayne Rooney.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Correct, there is some crossover with non-television related revenues. Which indeed you will have noted had you read my final sentence.

I expect that as was the case with previous nonsense like FFP there are ways of getting around it other than the obvious one of reducing one’s wage bill. I expect with a little bit of digging around one could find a listing of City players who are still employees of the club, and thus their salaries included in their annual accounts, but who do not kick a ball for them, very handsomely paid players whose salaries are making them very difficult to move on – Joe Hart, Samir Nasri, Eliaquim Mangala.

You cannot even ask a fee for these fúckers.

See also Wayne Rooney.

And then there is Wayne Rooney, of course