Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what players are surplus to requirements at the Arsenal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Usmanov? He could take us to the top of the pile.
    Show your workings!!!
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Sir Chesney
    Debuchy
    Gibbs
    Wilshere
    Monreal
    Jenkinson
    Chambers
    Iwobi
    sanogo
    Walcott
    Chambers
    Campbell
    Akpom
    Wenger
    Iwobi clearly stays. The rest can fvck off. Also someone mentioned Gabriel. Gabriel has clearly done enough to justify staying.

The person who pisses me off is Walcott. He's always kind of on the cusp. Then you realize that there is an entire category of people who are just like this. He needs to go off to Swansea or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Show your workings!!!
    The idea seems to be that he will buy us the European Cup, Roman Abramovich-style. Whether he's ever made any definate pledge to this effect, I do not know.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The idea seems to be that he will buy us the European Cup, Roman Abramovich-style. Whether he's ever made any definate pledge to this effect, I do not know.
    He does not have quite the same élan as Abramovich. Give Abramovich credit, he's a dapper sort. Also of the Hebrew persuasion, which means his criminality is somewhat excused. What else they gonna do, right? But this fat Uzbek just does not spread joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He hasn't learnt to speak English.

We don't want his sort at our club, f.
    Little bit harsh on Arsene, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Show your workings!!!
    Note I said "could". What is clear that the Kronke model of "responsible" ownership isn't going to.

Kronke owns clubs as part of a portfolio of investments, concerned with capital growth rather than sporting achievments. In other words, do enough to be there (remember the Americans don't believe in relegation) but not enough to win the thing.

Usmnaov is 63. A man in a hurry. Arguably wealthier than Abramovich. He wants to own a successful team, I suspect he wants to eclipse Abramovich. He suggested a rights issue in the past to put funds into the club but I am pretty certain he would either put his own money into the club or secure us immeasurably better commercial deals.