Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Another thing that all good football supporters should do is give thanks to managers

Another thing that all good football supporters should do is give thanks to managers

like Wenger and Conte. Managers who send their players out there to play football.

A glorious, day, a glorious result but also, a glorious game for which we should all be thankful.

As opposed to the EL final which was like watching paint dry for one reason and one reason only.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    like Wenger and Conte. Managers who send their players out there to play football.

A glorious, day, a glorious result but also, a glorious game for which we should all be thankful.

As opposed to the EL final which was like watching paint dry for one reason and one reason only.
    With a £170m game the nerve and not wanting to lose are almost certain to kick in
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    With a £170m game the nerve and not wanting to lose are almost certain to kick in
    I think he was referring to Mourinho in Europa final

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think he was referring to Mourinho in Europa final
    Ahhh... but if you win nobody really cares.... and man U won 2-0 and never looked like losing

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Ahhh... but if you win nobody really cares.... and man U won 2-0 and never looked like losing
    Not exactly what the fans want though. There's a lot who will give him 1 more season as he's now got them CL football but they're not liking his style of play at all

Not exactly what the fans want though. There's a lot who will give him 1 more season as he's now got them CL football but they're not liking his style of play at all
    Oh I agree, as soon as he doesn't win anything (assuming the style of play doesn't change) they will be after his blood... henbce why he satys 2-3 seasons at most clubs, wins things but pisses people off

and the media have started to turn. That odious c*nt Winter in the Times has really started laying into him and quite right too. It's a story that is not going to go away and if they spend a fortune again this summer, continue to play negative football and then have a bad spell, the knives are going to be out, externally and internally, I think.

I just emailed two ManU supporters pointing out that for little clubs desperate for a trophy playing that kind of football is an option, not for the Arsenal, though.