Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Ramsey.

Aaron Ramsey.

Bossed the midfield. Ran 14.4 km, a record for a cup final. Scored the winner.

I'll just leave that there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

He is excelling in this new formation. Wd AR imo.

Had we lost, I'm not sure I could have forgiven the miss into the most & the getting in Alexis' way (if the first had been ruled out).

Not wishing to argue, and it really is a case of splitting hairs, but I did think it was Xhaka who bossed the midfield and was the basis on which the victory was achieved.

Others such as Sannchez, Mertesacker and even Holding have grabbed headlines all for perfectly valid and understandable reasons but GX for me.

Absolutely magnificent.

Xhaka was also superb, seems to have finally settled in.

Also particularly enjoyed the blistering turn of pace from Olivier for our 2nd, left Cahill for dead. England's supposed best CB. I'll just leave that there.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not wishing to argue, and it really is a case of splitting hairs, but I did think it was Xhaka who bossed the midfield and was the basis on which the victory was achieved.

Others such as Sannchez, Mertesacker and even Holding have grabbed headlines all for perfectly valid and understandable reasons but GX for me.

Absolutely magnificent.
    Hard to see how wee Santi gets back into the team with the change in formation. Can't drop AR or GX at present. And not sure you could play Santi in a midfield two. Perhaps he's too old now anyway.

Did you see him in his suit? His little hamster face was so happy

Absolutely magnificent.
    Xhaka was tremendous except one time where he gave the ball away but we got it right back.

Yes, I suggest you leave it there as otherwise I may have to prove you incorrect.

The Welsher played well, as did everyone (wd everyone), but not nearly as well as the person who actually ran midfield. That would be Granit X, who was magnificent.

Absolutely magnificent.
    Xhaka was MotM for me, but then I'm a sucker for that metronomic, keep the ball ticking over sort of midfield display. He also managed his penchant for the 40 yard diagonal, choosing generally to keep things simple but always effective. A £30m display, if you will.

That doesn't take away the fact that Aaron did the hard yards, sitting and harrying when he needed to and breaking forward when he could, always stretching them. A magnificent footballer.

The were all fantastic...some other moments for me...

3 defenders charging down a shot in the first half...wooow
    Welbeck skinning Moses to get him the 1st yellow
    Per and Holding high giving after sniffing out Costs again
    Nacho's mental celebration when Ospina stopped Costas shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The were all fantastic...some other moments for me...

3 defenders charging down a shot in the first half...wooow
    Welbeck skinning Moses to get him the 1st yellow
    Per and Holding high giving after sniffing out Costs again
    Nacho's mental celebration when Ospina stopped Costas shot...
    Ozil on Hazard