Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Withnail!

Happy Birthday Withnail!

Top chap who knows his football, gets his round in and hates Aaron Ramsey.

So pretty much the antithesis of Luis Anaconda.

HBW and HBAMIMO.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Top chap who knows his football, gets his round in and hates Aaron Ramsey.

So pretty much the antithesis of Luis Anaconda.

HBW and HBAMIMO.
    Dear old Withnail might not rate a player but he's really not the hateful sort.

So pretty much the antithesis of WES.

HB Withnail etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Dear old Withnail might not rate a player but he's really not the hateful sort.

So pretty much the antithesis of WES.

HB Withnail etc.
    Furthermore, he is a gentle man, indeed a gentleman. A fellow of reason, intellect, taste and good cheer.

So pretty much the antithesis of wes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Furthermore, he is a gentle man, indeed a gentleman. A fellow of reason, intellect, taste and good cheer.

So pretty much the antithesis of wes.
    And there was me thinking I was being nice and all I get is abuse

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And there was me thinking I was being nice and all I get is abuse
    you are what they call in Wrestling terms a heat magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's jealousy, Pat. A particularly unflattering trait, I find.

F - My son is becoming increasingly obsessed with WWE wrestling which I am finding very difficult as a parent and also in general.

Every time he tries to take me down with an RKO or other “move” I am duty bound to beat shít out of him as no-one likes to lose a fight but this whole acceptance of and indeed involvement in violence is not cool.

Also it is ****.

He asked me to take him to the live event in the 02 in Dublin but I just refused, not even bothering to think on my feet and tell him it was sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    F - My son is becoming increasingly obsessed with WWE wrestling which I am finding very difficult as a parent and also in general.

Every time he tries to take me down with an RKO or other “move” I am duty bound to beat shít out of him as no-one likes to lose a fight but this whole acceptance of and indeed involvement in violence is not cool.

Also it is ****.

He asked me to take him to the live event in the 02 in Dublin but I just refused, not even bothering to think on my feet and tell him it was sold out.
    I am surprised it's still so popular. I don't like it now. I like the old stuff from when I was a kid.

The only way to enjoy it is to pretend that it's real maybe a have a few drinks. it's such a weird thing, it makes no sense watching some pretend fights in a big ring with bouncy ropes with over the top characters yet they still watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Also it is ****.

My 6 yr old is also into this in a huge way... knows who fights who, what their stock "finishing" move is... all very strange
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I am surprised it's still so popular. I don't like it now. I like the old stuff from when I was a kid.

The only way to enjoy it is to pretend that it's real maybe a have a few drinks. it's such a weird thing, it makes no sense watching some pretend fights in a big ring with bouncy ropes with over the top characters yet they still watch it.
    Well I can understand kids watching it because they are kids, but then one sees the audience and invariably they are adults.

I simply shrug and accept they are Americans and thus inbred and thick.