Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you know it must have been my fourth or fifth visit to the Renaissance Hotel at St Pancras before I realised why it felt so familiar.
    You're going to have to help me out here, old chap.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Rockpalast? I have it on DVD from Santa.
    I never quite catch the beginning of it. How long is the set? The boys certainly seemed to have had more energy than The Arsenal at the moment.

I was in your city at the weekend but got distracted in Camden Town and did not make a pub before the game.

Afterwards I went for 3 pints in the Fox on the Green on Upper Street before I was asked to leave as I had children with me, which was fair enough, no fuss was made. I had spent a few hours the previous day in a decent pub just round the corner from Angel as heading down City Road, the Brewhouse or something.
    The shops in Camden all seem to be turning into those identical tourist tat jobs that used to line the east of Oxford Street. And with one of the markets now turning into high-rise blocks of flats the place is not what it once was. Of course, I'm far too old for what it once was, and am glad to have retired to the lower slopes of Highgate. :Monty:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're going to have to help me out here, old chap.
    Oh, sorry. It's where the video to the song you quoted was filmed.

Do you know it must have been my fourth or fifth visit to the Renaissance Hotel at St Pancras before I realised why it felt so familiar.
    "Renaissance Hotel"

Midland Grand, please. It's like calling a Marathon a Snickers. :shudder:

It's also the setting of Valhalla in Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

I'm reasonably certain I managed never to witness that questionable spectacle.

Mind you, I liked it that time you could see Geri Halliwell's pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I never quite catch the beginning of it. How long is the set? The boys certainly seemed to have had more energy than The Arsenal at the moment.
    About 90 minutes give or take, 20+ songs, great set list as it goes though a subdued crowd.

I was slightly saddened by what I saw in Camden having not been there in well over a decade, many a sunday afternoon was spent mooching around drinking and what have you. The market market is now just a succession of stall selling the exact same t-shirt. A lot of nice food on offer down by Dingwalls but the sheer concentration of same made it very difficult to move around.

Cyber Dog still in full flow also.

I then went to get the tube to N5 to find it closed for exit only, luckily this being my manor I just walked up and suaved it onto a 29 and got off at Hornsey Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    "Renaissance Hotel"

Midland Grand, please. It's like calling a Marathon a Snickers. :shudder:
    It hasn't been the Midland Grand since 1935, a. Do you still refer to the Emirates as 'Ashburton Grove'?

I was in Claridges on Thursday. Had a piss and was going to go for a pint but thought better of it. Do they even do pints?

You're going to have to narrow it down a bit, I'm afraid. It is quite odd, looking back, that such an ordinary-looking group became sex objects.