Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Red Ken gone

Red Ken gone

Or going, certainly. Corbyn has said the decision to not expel him will now face review.

And when Shami Chakrabati is condemning you for how you've dealt with an anti-Semitism row, you know the game's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Or going, certainly. Corbyn has said the decision to not expel him will now face review.

And when Shami Chakrabati is condemning you for how you've dealt with an anti-Semitism row, you know the game's up.
    As someone of the allegedly offended persuasion, did you see anything even slightly disturbing in his comments?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    As someone of the allegedly offended persuasion, did you see anything even slightly disturbing in his comments?
    As one-off comments, none of them is bad enough to hang him, but it's the repeat offending that causes the problems, I think. He just can't leave the poor old Heebies alone.

Irrelevant. Some sh*t you can't get away with in public discourse.

In a philosophy seminar, you can draw parallels between nazism and zionism, just as you can ask whether it's ethical to kill down syndrome babies. If you want to serve as a public official, you can't, because the conservatism of public discourse does not allow for tabboo thought experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As one-off comments, none of them is bad enough to hang him, but it's the repeat offending that causes the problems, I think. He just can't leave the poor old Heebies alone.
    I remember when he managed to make a point after 7/7 about how a Jewish boy from London can join the IDF, as if providing context to the bombings.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Irrelevant. Some sh*t you can't get away with in public discourse.

In a philosophy seminar, you can draw parallels between nazism and zionism, just as you can ask whether it's ethical to kill down syndrome babies. If you want to serve as a public official, you can't, because the conservatism of public discourse does not allow for tabboo thought experiments.
    Yes, I understand that but that isn't the question I asked. I asked if you were offended.

Yes, I understand that but that isn't the question I asked. I asked if you were offended.
    tbf he said his views are irrelevant, which must be a rare occasion when all awimb would agree with him

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I remember when he managed to make a point after 7/7 about how a Jewish boy from London can join the IDF, as if providing context to the bombings.
    Yes, that's the sort of thing. Drawing moral equivalence between people who join the army of a friendly power and some toe rags who've just murdered 50-odd Londoners.

He can **** off to Raqqa.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    tbf he said his views are irrelevant, which must be a rare occasion when all awimb would agree with him
    He said they were irrelevant within the context of whether or not Red Ken could get away with saying them. That is rather different than his personal feelings on the statements themselves.

Although if you really mean why would I give a f*ck about Monty's personal feelings, well fair enough.