Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd say it's a fine line between the two.
    It's about as thick a line as you could draw with all the world's paintbrushes tied together. I mean, it's the difference between being alive and being dead. We don't really have a bigger difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's about as thick a line as you could draw with all the world's paintbrushes tied together. I mean, it's the difference between being alive and being dead. We don't really have a bigger difference.
    So can you absolutely guarantee that, in the excitement of finally meeting your idol, you won't suddenly decide to take out a gun and shoot him? Hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So can you absolutely guarantee that, in the excitement of finally meeting your idol, you won't suddenly decide to take out a gun and shoot him? Hmmmm?
    Well, perhaps not guarantee, per se. But I'd certainly try to contain the urge.

i have a no idea about the that person

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Having attended the game and been as sober as the proverbial judge I provide below my player by player analysis:

Ospina - Hmmmm. Plus the “Ospina!” thing when taking kick outs is shockingly gay and half hearted.
    Bellerin - Hmmmm.
    Mustafi - Interesting
    Kos - Didn’t do much good or bad, went off.
    Coquelin - Utterly fúcking shíte, should have been sent off. A player who looks out of his depth.
    Xhaka - Okay, few nice passes, restricted by the referee and the utter ****ery that is Otamendi.
    Ozil - Pure shíte
    Walcott - A ****, goal or not.
    Sanchez - All over the place.
    Welbeck - Did less than fúck all. Runs around a lot, like a Jack Russell dog except costs more.

Gabriel - Did well.

Crowd - Interesting. Very sweary.

I'm trying to think of the last time Ozil wasn't ****e. When was the last time he even putting in a passable performance, let alone a good one?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'm trying to think of the last time Ozil wasn't ****e. When was the last time he even putting in a passable performance, let alone a good one?
    It's all our fault, apparently, for saying he's not been good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's all our fault, apparently, for saying he's not been good enough.
    The best players are (or should be) the most accountable, that is why they are the best players.... or am I missing something?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

The best players are (or should be) the most accountable, that is why they are the best players.... or am I missing something?
    What you're missing, I think, is that just because players (and managers) are paid gazzillions of pounds, that is no reason to expect them to deliver what they are being paid for. Likewise with appearances. In no way should a player be expected to fight for a place in the team by playing well. He should be guaranteed first team football in his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What you're missing, I think, is that just because players (and managers) are paid gazzillions of pounds, that is no reason to expect them to deliver what they are being paid for. Likewise with appearances. In no way should a player be expected to fight for a place in the team by playing well. He should be guaranteed first team football in his contract.
    Wow, the game has changed that much. Is this now the case at every club or just at arsenal?

Wow, the game has changed that much. Is this now the case at every club or just at arsenal?
    Good point, Alberto. Maybe we should all ask fans of other clubs whether they find this to apply to their players too.