Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm a reasonably intelligent chap and an experienced drinker, who knows very well

I'm a reasonably intelligent chap and an experienced drinker, who knows very well

what his optimum dose is.

Given which, why on earth after all these years when I find myself not wanting to go to bed, but with an empty glass, do I still fall for the old 'Oh, another glass or two can't really hurt, can it?' thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    what his optimum dose is.

Given which, why on earth after all these years when I find myself not wanting to go to bed, but with an empty glass, do I still fall for the old 'Oh, another glass or two can't really hurt, can it?' thing?
    First the man takes the drink
    Then the drink takes the drink
    Then the drink takes the man

Because, like the rest of us, you're deeply unhappy and think another drink will solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Because, like the rest of us, you're deeply unhappy and think another drink will solve this.
    That's what they say, yes. No hope for the future
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    First the man takes the drink
    Then the drink takes the drink
    Then the drink takes the man

'The drink takes the drink?' What does that mean?

'The drink takes the drink?' What does that mean?
    After you've had one the booze takes over and demands more booze. Is that really more opaque than Joyce to a man with a fúcking literature degree?

After you've had one the booze takes over and demands more booze. Is that really more opaque than Joyce to a man with a fúcking literature degree?
    Oh, right. As I might have explained, I'm not actually firing on all cylinders this morning. Some moderation in your rather harsh tone would be appreciated.

Oh, right. As I might have explained, I'm not actually firing on all cylinders this morning. Some moderation in your rather harsh tone would be appreciated.
    Apologies. Do you not have an emergency flask in your desk from which you can take a soothing belt of cognac?

Apologies. Do you not have an emergency flask in your desk from which you can take a soothing belt of cognac?
    People take a dim view of that sort of thing these days, I fear. I have to make do with the half-bottle of Teacher's I've got taped inside the cistern of trap one of the gents.