Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So with Rambo playing we scored 8 goals in abou 100 mins. Everyone says he's shíte..

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Of course not. We didn't select him for that. We picked Henry and Bergkamp to score the goals. That was *their* job.
    Ozil seemed struck me as remarkably Bergkampesque last night.

He can't bend one into the top corner from 30 yeards, though

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's not necessarily about whether he is involved in the goals. It could easily be about how his presence is building the shape and the dynamic of the team, allowing others to create those chances. There is more to football that Opta stats.
    You're quite right. But in that case i'd say Xhaka has had more to do with it in the last two games than Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    You're quite right. But in that case i'd say Xhaka has had more to do with it in the last two games than Ramsey.
    You may be right, I only saw the games on TV so it's impossible to draw any conclusions about the shape and the tactics.

Ozil seemed struck me as remarkably Bergkampesque last night.

He can't bend one into the top corner from 30 yeards, though
    Oh, I suppose he can. On his day.

You lose half the player he is if you judge him that way though. Unlike Dennis who *was* a proper goalscorer. And there's the rub
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You may be right, I only saw the games on TV so it's impossible to draw any conclusions about the shape and the tactics.
    I'm just impressed anyone had the stamina to get to the end of GG's post. First para exhausted me

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm just impressed anyone had the stamina to get to the end of GG's post. First para exhausted me
    There are an awful lot of words in it, aren't there? You've made me re-read it and I neeed a lie down now.

Have you got snow yet?

I find I have to mentally sub him as I read.

Too much tippy-tappy, do you mean? He needs to get it up to the big man quicker?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

There are an awful lot of words in it, aren't there? You've made me re-read it and I neeed a lie down now.

Have you got snow yet?
    There was a sprinkling on the ground this morning but no real downfall yet

Well sir, you have got me to post on here. Ahem.......this is no longer a debate.