Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So with Rambo playing we scored 8 goals in abou 100 mins. Everyone says he's shíte..

So with Rambo playing we scored 8 goals in abou 100 mins. Everyone says he's shíte..

Also, Perez looks like he could make a very tidy wide forward in our new system. I'd seriously add him to the Feo, Ox and Iwobi options for the wingers. Welbz will be back sometime soon, too. After he scored his CL hat-trick, things went downhill a bit. Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Lucas.

I do feel sorry for Gibbs. Nacho is just that tiny bit safer defensively but if he was playing week in, week out, he'd be England's 1st choice at LB. Hope he stays with us and fights for his place in the team. But he was amazing tonight.

Got an Ozil assist, too. Just a pity that Alexis's great free kick struck the bar and there was no-one to do an Andy Caroll follow up.

Hope young Holding learns from his mistake and Stevie Bould tells him that there are time when you should just hoof it clear.

But what were people's thoughts on Rambo and Xhaka? (I'll admit that I miss Santi cos he's still my fave player just cos of his two foot trick, though obv Alexis and Ozil are better players, I suppose.)

Could it work? If only Rambo could get back to scoring like he did in that half a season when he looked about the best CM in the league.

As I say, everyone says he's shît but in 33 mins on Sunday and 70 mins tonight we scored 8 goals. He can't be that bad.

I just feel for Olly. I think there will be many times when he'll need to come on and he'll win us many games from the bench. But we now play with 3 fast, mobile forwards who can switch from wing to centre and back with Ozil playing further forward, more like a Bergy than a Cesc. I can't see Olly getting back into the starting XI.

And if Lucas keeps this up, I'd see him starting if Alexis was being rested or, God forbid, injured.

With Alexis and Ozil and two of the wide men, we have the most exciting front 4 in years.

COYG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Also, Perez looks like he could make a very tidy wide forward in our new system. I'd seriously add him to the Feo, Ox and Iwobi options for the wingers. Welbz will be back sometime soon, too. After he scored his CL hat-trick, things went downhill a bit. Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Lucas.

I do feel sorry for Gibbs. Nacho is just that tiny bit safer defensively but if he was playing week in, week out, he'd be England's 1st choice at LB. Hope he stays with us and fights for his place in the team. But he was amazing tonight.

Got an Ozil assist, too. Just a pity that Alexis's great free kick struck the bar and there was no-one to do an Andy Caroll follow up.

Hope young Holding learns from his mistake and Stevie Bould tells him that there are time when you should just hoof it clear.

But what were people's thoughts on Rambo and Xhaka? (I'll admit that I miss Santi cos he's still my fave player just cos of his two foot trick, though obv Alexis and Ozil are better players, I suppose.)

Could it work? If only Rambo could get back to scoring like he did in that half a season when he looked about the best CM in the league.

As I say, everyone says he's shît but in 33 mins on Sunday and 70 mins tonight we scored 8 goals. He can't be that bad.

I just feel for Olly. I think there will be many times when he'll need to come on and he'll win us many games from the bench. But we now play with 3 fast, mobile forwards who can switch from wing to centre and back with Ozil playing further forward, more like a Bergy than a Cesc. I can't see Olly getting back into the starting XI.

And if Lucas keeps this up, I'd see him starting if Alexis was being rested or, God forbid, injured.

With Alexis and Ozil and two of the wide men, we have the most exciting front 4 in years.

COYG.
    I am blinded by my hatred for "Rambo." Anything good that you say about him, I immediately discount. Apart from that, well done.

Quite a silly post really. Whether he's ****, brilliant, average, him simply being on the pitch when a goal is scored has no reflection on how well he is playing. Now if you want to go away and look at each goal and tell me how he had an impact on each goal then we can start talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Quite a silly post really. Whether he's ****, brilliant, average, him simply being on the pitch when a goal is scored has no reflection on how well he is playing. Now if you want to go away and look at each goal and tell me how he had an impact on each goal then we can start talking.
    Well he was involved in (at least) the second and 4th goal, but then the comments come down to what impact did he have in each
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    It's not necessarily about whether he is involved in the goals. It could easily be about how his presence is building the shape and the dynamic of the team, allowing others to create those chances. There is more to football that Opta stats.

Well, yes. And no. Goals is just stats, isn't it.

I'm not sure Bergkamp is the same player if you take all his away. Or how about Messi or Ronaldo?

I don't like numbers and statistics but you can see for yourself why managers, coaches and scouts use them to help judge a player's effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's not necessarily about whether he is involved in the goals. It could easily be about how his presence is building the shape and the dynamic of the team, allowing others to create those chances. There is more to football that Opta stats.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm not sure Bergkamp is the same player if you take all his away. Or how about Messi or Ronaldo?

I don't like numbers and statistics but you can see for yourself why managers, coaches and scouts use them to help judge a player's effectiveness.
    Certainly, goals are important. Patrick Vieira scored 33 goals for us in 9 years - do you suppose he was picked every week because he scored 4 goals a season?

He is a precocious cünt and has been utterly diabolical this season.

He also has the discipline of a blind retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Certainly, goals are important. Patrick Vieira scored 33 goals for us in 9 years - do you suppose he was picked every week because he scored 4 goals a season?
    Of course not. We didn't select him for that. We picked Henry and Bergkamp to score the goals. That was *their* job.

Reading that again though, I was more referring to the usefulness of football statistics in general, rather than Ramsey's performances in particular.

Sorry
    Last edited by redgunamo; 12-07-2016 at 09:30 AM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Putting my anti-Ramsey views aside, if you're going to judge a player on a rather loose association, I would suggest that the approx 100 minutes during which we scored 8 goals against West Ham and Basel while he was in the team is rather less conclusive than the extended period of time during last season and this season when we played poorly and struggled to score goals while Cazorla was injured and Ramsey was in the team some of which came as a direct replacement.

And he never, not ever, ever, ever, looked like the best CM in the league.