Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, do fück off!

Oh, do fück off!

I know all the bullshït arguments about what does or doesn't constitute art, but they're all just so much sophistry designed to obscure the fact that the emperor is stark, bôllock naked.

This heap of shït can fück off.

4368.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I know all the bullshït arguments about what does or doesn't constitute art, but they're all just so much sophistry designed to obscure the fact that the emperor is stark, bôllock naked.

4368.jpg
    Did you see her interview on BBC news last night, she couldn't explain her art or how she won.. "I don't know" seemed to cover it.... looked like a car boot sale to me
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

4368.jpg
    Some genius is going to pay a fortune to own that, I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Did you see her interview on BBC news last night, she couldn't explain her art or how she won.. "I don't know" seemed to cover it.... looked like a car boot sale to me
    The Guardian's writing about it is even funnier. An all-time Pseud's Corner winner that's enough to win about fifteen games of bullshît bingo in one paragraph alone.

In its way, Marten’s work is even more agglomerative than Dean’s, but the chain of associations, and the part-to-part relationships between its successive, hand-made and crafted elements enrich rather than confuse the complications of her work. As at the Serpentine and in Wakefield, she knows that amassing detail is not enough. There is a formal language at work here, leading the eye as well as the mind on a journey. Her art splices mental associations with an acute sense of materiality, scale and tactility. In her art, thinking is made concrete. It is more than free association or an unfocused interior monologue. We are forever losing the thread and refinding it with Marten. There are stems and branches, thoughts shooting off, parentheses, pauses for breath, full stops. The same happens in the best of Anthony Caro’s work, but he was lousy at taking things beyond the abstract.

4368.jpg
    Is exactly the reaction she/they was/were looking for. Surely it's far better to ignore and let the pretentious pillocks who like this gubbins get on with their circle jerking and just enjoy the art you do enjoy?
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Some genius is going to pay a fortune to own that, I expect.
    Yes, and more fool them. However, what makes me genuinely angry about it is that it's pure obscurantism for its own sake. 'Art' no longer even pretends to expressing anything about universal experience, preferring instead to restrict itself to a tiny coterie of mutual masturbators who inhabit their little bubble and dismiss any external criticism as fuelled by ignorance and anti-intellectualsm.

It's increasingly a microcosm of our political and social divisions, in fact.

The Guardian's writing about it is even funnier. An all-time Pseud's Corner winner that's enough to win about fifteen games of bullshît bingo in one paragraph alone.
    This comment just about sums it up perfectly. "haha, what a load of fúcking wánk, fetishised by imbeciles."

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Is exactly the reaction she/they was/were looking for. Surely it's far better to ignore and let the pretentious pillocks who like this gubbins get on with their circle jerking and just enjoy the art you do enjoy?

Yes, but there's a serious wider social impact of this sort of self-appointed Brahminic status. It is explicitly designed to divide between those enlightened souls who 'get it' and everyone else who just sees a heap of crap. That has implications.

Yes, and more fool them. However, what makes me genuinely angry about it is that it's pure obscurantism for its own sake. 'Art' no longer even pretends to expressing anything about universal experience, preferring instead to restrict itself to a tiny coterie of mutual masturbators who inhabit their little bubble and dismiss any external criticism as fuelled by ignorance and anti-intellectualsm.

It's increasingly a microcosm of our political and social divisions, in fact.
    Hold on, you're surely not suggesting that art is in any way elitist?

I would say that art has always be created by and for a tiny circle of insiders. You're just bitter because your inability to appreciate modern art has ejected you from the elite enclave and dumped you firmly back out here in the realm of thick, common people.

Yes, but there's a serious wider social impact of this sort of self-appointed Brahminic status. It is explicitly designed to divide between those enlightened souls who 'get it' and everyone else who just sees a heap of crap. That has implications.
    Yes, like that **** Joyce with his unfathomable prose. It's been going on forever.