Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Presumably we're gonna get gubbed tonight

Presumably we're gonna get gubbed tonight

by the best academy in the land. Obviously it doesn't matter, but it will break the unbeaten run, and with it the power of the sticky.

In other words,

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    by the best academy in the land. Obviously it doesn't matter, but it will break the unbeaten run, and with it the power of the sticky.

In other words,
    He was once guest of honour at a Burns' night thing I ran, years ago. He did the Address to the old pudding, while I did the Tam O'Shanter.

Which all means we'll lose tonight obviously.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

In other words,
    My piles have cleared up too so we are ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    My piles have cleared up too so we are ****ed.
    That is the worst news of all.

Although I'm happy for you, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is the worst news of all.

Although I'm happy for you, of course.
    In fairness to P, it's only the Carling Cup.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's not even on the telly.
    I will go to the gym instead

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, but losing an unbeaten record is very much like marital infidelity. Just because it happens in a meaningless fixture against opposition you don't care about, that doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's not even on the telly.
    I will go to the gym instead
    I recommend a nice, long ride on the exercise bike with the coldest, pointiest seat in the place.

I recommend a nice, long ride on the exercise bike with the coldest, pointiest seat in the place.
    take the saddle off.

Yes, but losing an unbeaten record is very much like marital infidelity. Just because it happens in a meaningless fixture against opposition you don't care about, that doesn't mean it doesn't count.
    Very good.

Not an issue though, if one has sufficient mental strength and doesn't suffer from too much the tiredness.

So I gather.