Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Did anyone see Danny Dyer on Who Do You Think You Are? last night?

Did anyone see Danny Dyer on Who Do You Think You Are? last night?

For me, the real revelation was not that he is a direct descendant of both Thomas Cromwell and Edward III, but that he is actually like that in real life. It must be exhausting being that much of a cockney geezer 24/7. Photographs are invariably 'smudges', houses are 'gaffs' and any woman with whom he converses (including a historian) is 'babe'.

Honestly one of the funniest hours of TV I've seen all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    For me, the real revelation was not that he is a direct descendant of both Thomas Cromwell and Edward III, but that he is actually like that in real life. It must be exhausting being that much of a cockney geezer 24/7. Photographs are invariably 'smudges', houses are 'gaffs' and any woman with whom he converses (including a historian) is 'babe'.

When he arrived at the posh blokes castle/mansion. 'That's a roight gaff you've got ere, is this even a hass?'

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    When he arrived at the posh blokes castle/mansion. 'That's a roight gaff you've got ere, is this even a hass?'
    Everything kept doing his nut in.

He'd clearly set his Cockney dial to max. I didn't think he'd be able to keep it up for the entire episode, but I badly underestimated his Cockney powers. He and Ray Winstone are now neck-and-neck (Gregory-and-Gregory?) for the title of 'World's Most Cockney Geezer'.

I can't see the words 'Danny Dyer' without thinking of this:

He's terrific. I love him, although I've only seem him in that hooligan film.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, I recommend you beg, borrow or steal a copy of last night's programme in that case. It's classic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I can't see the words 'Danny Dyer' without thinking of this:

The thing is that the real thing is funnier than any parody could hope to be.

Oh, I recommend you beg, borrow or steal a copy of last night's programme in that case. It's classic stuff.
    Will certainly do!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The thing is that the real thing is funnier than any parody could hope to be.
    "Gregory and Gregory"

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I hate and love that movie.

'I can't wait to see your fanny'

I like the racist cab driver too he's quite ridiculous.