Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else planning on boycotting GBBO once it moves to Channel 4?

Anyone else planning on boycotting GBBO once it moves to Channel 4?

I read that the favourite to replace Mary is that Nadia (sp) bird that won it last year. I'm betting they'll choose some really irritating comedian to replace Mel and Sue. Jo Brand was floated as a possibility.

GBBO with Jo Brand, Nadia and the smarmy scouser. The thought of it makes me ill

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I read that the favourite to replace Mary is that Nadia (sp) bird that won it last year. I'm betting they'll choose some really irritating comedian to replace Mel and Sue. Jo Brand was floated as a possibility.

GBBO with Jo Brand, Nadia and the smarmy scouser. The thought of it makes me ill
    I should imagine the GLW will watch it to begin with, realise that its not as good as when it was on the BBC, and then give up and wait for the Beeb to make as closer a copy to TGBBO as possible without breaking any rules
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I am a recent convert to the programme and have no particular attachment to any of the presenters. Indeed, the Scouser is a horrible ****, the old skellington makes me feel nauseous, the lesbian is a bizarre shape and the fat one has manky teeth. The pleasure comes from the homely, cosy feel of the thing rather than from the presenters.

Having said that, I am unable to look at Jo Brand for more than 23 seconds without falling into a pit of depression, so if she goes anywhere near it I'm off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I should imagine the GLW will watch it to begin with, realise that its not as good as when it was on the BBC, and then give up and wait for the Beeb to make as closer a copy to TGBBO as possible without breaking any rules
    Anyone know what the legalities are with regard to BBC reproducing it? Must be difficult to argue where the line sits between a legitimate competing show and a blatant reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am a recent convert to the programme and have no particular attachment to any of the presenters. Indeed, the Scouser is a horrible ****, the old skellington makes me feel nauseous, the lesbian is a bizarre shape and the fat one has manky teeth. The pleasure comes from the homely, cosy feel of the thing rather than from the presenters.

Having said that, I am unable to look at Jo Brand for more than 23 seconds without falling into a pit of depression, so if she goes anywhere near it I'm off.
    Oddly enough, I think the thing stands and falls by the personalities of the contestants more than anything else. Last year was good because it had good ones you could root for like Flora and Nadiya and ones you really hated like the incredibly smug cùnt who kept bringing in **** from his garden. This year I'm less engaged because apart from Candice there's no-one I like. Once she's gone, I'll be reduced to hoping that the horrible little Northern Irish ginger freak with the tombstone teeth and the dead eyes fails badly at some point.

Me sir, Me

Of course, I have never ever watched it and can't get Channel 4, so how much of a protest it will be, I can't really say

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oddly enough, I think the thing stands and falls by the personalities of the contestants more than anything else. Last year was good because it had good ones you could root for like Flora and Nadiya and ones you really hated like the incredibly smug cùnt who kept bringing in **** from his garden. This year I'm less engaged because apart from Candice there's no-one I like. Once she's gone, I'll be reduced to hoping that the horrible little Northern Irish ginger freak with the tombstone teeth and the dead eyes fails badly at some point.
    Oh! Flora! Sweet, dear little Flora! Just ripe for corruption! She's a Wittertainee, you know.

I'll be glad when the smug Ghanaian bloke gets his marching orders. He thinks he is one cool fúcker. He isn't, he makes fúcking cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Me sir, Me

Of course, I have never ever watched it and can't get Channel 4, so how much of a protest it will be, I can't really say
    And it is on during prime time pub opening hours, so, not trying to typecast you.... there is no chance of you watching it anyway
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh! Flora! Sweet, dear little Flora! Just ripe for corruption! She's a Wittertainee, you know.

I'll be glad when the smug Ghanaian bloke gets his marching orders. He thinks he is one cool fúcker. He isn't, he makes fúcking cakes.
    I did know that, yes. Thing about Flora was that she was 19 when she was in it and looked about 29. Odd.

Selasi? Yes, he is irritating, but my loathing for Andrew is now almost visceral. When they were making churros, I found myself hoping someone would dunk his face in the deep fat fryer. I also don't like the gay Sikh. He comes across as a nasty piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I did know that, yes. Thing about Flora was that she was 19 when she was in it and looked about 29. Odd.

Selasi? Yes, he is irritating, but my loathing for Andrew is now almost visceral. When they were making churros, I found myself hoping someone would dunk his face in the deep fat fryer. I also don't like the gay Sikh. He comes across as a nasty piece of work.
    Am I allowed to admit that I hated Nadia last year and was desperate for her to lose? Does it make me a racist, Burney?