Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else planning on boycotting GBBO once it moves to Channel 4?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Am I allowed to admit that I hated Nadia last year and was desperate for her to lose? Does it make me a racist, Burney?
    Her programmes in Bangladesh were not a great advert for Islam, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why? Did she do a Bangladesh version of GBBO where the star baker got 69 virgins and the person voted out had their head cut off?

Am I allowed to admit that I hated Nadia last year and was desperate for her to lose? Does it make me a racist, Burney?
    I quite liked her then, but now she's ubiquitous and the BBC's chosen cuddly face of Islam I dislike her more with every new viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Her sister was quite fit, though, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And it is on during prime time pub opening hours, so, not trying to typecast you.... there is no chance of you watching it anyway
    It's a fair point, p. Although this week and next are the two weeks of the year I try to avoid the pubs here. Oktoberfest - full of amateurs who can't handle their ale*

*lager, obviously

What is the basis of the boycott?

I am familiar with, though not a watcher, of the programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's a fair point, p. Although this week and next are the two weeks of the year I try to avoid the pubs here. Oktoberfest - full of amateurs who can't handle their ale*

*lager, obviously
    Out of interest, can you get real ale in Germany? I mean the English version, not some lagerised version.

I've never actually seen real ale outside of England. You can find bars in NY and Canada that claim to serve bitter but it's all carbonated and served cold. They seem to think if you add more hops to the brewing process it ceases to be lager, bizarrely.

Why? Did she do a Bangladesh version of GBBO where the star baker got 69 virgins and the person voted out had their head cut off?
    No, she just allowed cameras into her extended family's homes and demonstrated the depths of the oppression and degradation of women in a Muslim society.

There was also the somewhat troubling exposure of the attitude of those of her family who live in the UK to their host nation; they appeared to view it very much as a cash cow, to be used and milked as long as convenient before being abandoned, like a used tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What is the basis of the boycott?

I am familiar with, though not a watcher, of the programme.
    I like Mel and Sue, I love Mary, I can live with the scouser with the really stupid last name.

They're keeping only the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I also don't like the gay Sikh. He comes across as a nasty piece of work.
    I've been told off for irrationally suggesting this since episode one lol. yes b.

Also the mum who went week before last: proper wet flannel. Was q hoping she had a serious accident/head in the oven.