Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had the opportunity to go into space, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to píss yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.
    Since the dawn of time, man has looked to the skies and beyond, to the stars. Can there be a greater indicator of what it is that makes us human then our need to reach out, to conquer fear and danger, to experience the truly extraordinary? I think not.

On the other hand, growing cress in low earth orbit on the ISS is a bit dull.

You lose the hard skin on your feet? I've been cultivating that shít for 43 years. I'm not risking it to piss about in space.
    it will hurt to walk once you get back.

though I could imagine some sort of floating around basketball dunk game might be fun. 1 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fùck no. I'm not keen on any kind of travel, and space travel is quite clearly the most dangerous and uncomfortable of all. I'll be one of the last to leave when we abandon the planet following a dystopian environmental breakdown, and will live in a fùcking massive, empty, crumbling apartment block like J.S. Sebastian in Bladerunner.
    Yup. Send all the Chinese up there first imo. They'll probably love it.

Yeah, the floating about would be fun for about half an hour and then I'd start to hate it. You have to strap yourself into your bed, ffs.
    Oh, I didn't realise it was a floating S&M party

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Since the dawn of time, man has looked to the skies and beyond, to the stars. Can there be a greater indicator of what it is that makes us human then our need to reach out, to conquer fear and danger, to experience the truly extraordinary? I think not.

On the other hand, growing cress in low earth orbit on the ISS is a bit dull.
    I'd go fùcking mental in about a week, I reckon. I'd be trying to open the hatches for a breath of fresh air and stuff. Das Boot gives me the heebie-jeebies and they at least get to pop their heads up now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Oh, I didn't realise it was a floating S&M party
    It would be rubbish. The whip wont work.

If they want to pee on you it could go anywhere.

I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I'd imagine.
    I think the whip would work. If anything, wouldn't it work better?

Actually, I'm already out of my depth now. Sir C will know about this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I'd imagine.
    Jizz everywhere!!

I think the whip would work. If anything, wouldn't it work better?

Actually, I'm already out of my depth now. Sir C will know about this sort of thing.
    I'm strong on questions of 'g' when we're looking at +1 to +10, or -1 to -10.

At 0g everythings fúcking weird. I've always avoided it as far as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm strong on questions of 'g' when we're looking at +1 to +10, or -1 to -10.

At 0g everythings fúcking weird. I've always avoided it as far as possible.
    Surely you can't avoid it? Surely you have to go through it to get from one to t'other? Or am I talking nonsense?