Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If you had the opportunity to go into space, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh yes, you have to go through it to get from +1 top -1, as you'd expect, but it's a fleeting moment - you don't really sustain 0g for any amount of time. I didn't anyway. It's a pretty odd feeling, not viciously painful like -5, just odd. Discombobulating.
    Why is -5 painful? What's your blood trying to do at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I seem to remember the Russians would sneak vodka into space by any means they can, so they eventually relented and gave them a ration.
    Admirable but the concept of a ration would worry me. I assume the whole notion of a weekend still exists in space so friday night ease yourself in and saturday do the dog on the whole thing.

Why is -5 painful? What's your blood trying to do at that point?
    It's trying to burst out of the top of your head. At -5, -6 you start bursting blood vessels in your eyes and your nose and the pressure of the blood in your brain is fantastically painful. Lots of guys have died pushing -8 onwards when something lets go and they have a big bleed on the brain.

Negative g is really quite unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Admirable but the concept of a ration would worry me. I assume the whole notion of a weekend still exists in space so friday night ease yourself in and saturday do the dog on the whole thing.
    Yeah, you can just imagine, can't you? You wake up floating outside, you've píssed your space suit (as ever), you can't get the lads to wake up and let you back in and then, when you eventually do, in the depths of your hangover you realise you've drunk the next six months' worth in one weekend.

It's trying to burst out of the top of your head. At -5, -6 you start bursting blood vessels in your eyes and your nose and the pressure of the blood in your brain is fantastically painful. Lots of guys have died pushing -8 onwards when something lets go and they have a big bleed on the brain.

Negative g is really quite unpleasant.

Hmmm. Sounds like something worth going a long way to avoid imo.

Hmmm. Sounds like something worth going a long way to avoid imo.
    You can get an idea of how enjoyable it is here: (This is mild g)

You can get an idea of how enjoyable it is here: (This is mild g)

She looks as though she's trying to pass something hard and jagged.

You'll never be a proper centre-forward then.

I'd love to go into space but nt sure how my vertigo would cope with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ears are alight View Post
    You'll never be a proper centre-forward then.
    Admin, eh? Very nice.

Can you enable avatars for volks who aren't moderators?