Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legends game

Legends game

We put 4 past Milan 4 years too late :sigh:

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoNoel View Post
    We put 4 past Milan 4 years too late :sigh:
    Seems we had Pires, Freddie and Overmars in midfield. Tasty. Imagine that in our prime. {Though if Santi, Ozzy and Alexis had two top drawer finishers in front of them like Titi and Wright, we'd be sorted nowadays.}

Quote Originally Posted by CrossGun View Post
    Just watched the highlights.

http://player.arsenal.com/videos/820...lorie-bitesize

For AC's first goal, Spunky pulled off an amazing reflex save before they put in the rebound. And for their 2nd, Mad Jens saved the penalty before they tucked away the follow up.

3 goals for Kanu - one a penalty after Bobby Pires went down after a 1-2. But our 4th was classic. Freddie crossing from the right for Bobby to put it in coming in from the left. Just like the good old days

Remember when we'd signed Anelka to replace Wright, and then we bought Kanu? We always used to have a world class striker or two on the bench to throw on when we needed a goal.

Skiltord was our most expensive signing and he wasn't even a regular in the first team. {Though the way he covered on the flanks when Freddie then Bobby were injured in 2002 meant that he was vital to that double win.} I loved Skiltord. He'd be perfect for us now. I wonder how much a 26 year old Sylvain would cost in today's market?

Did the highlights include the Winterburn/Di Canio shenanigans?

https://www.facebook.com/ThisIsFUSS/...4697378251732/

haha
    Last edited by CrossGun; 09-03-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I wonder how much a 26 year old Sylvain would cost in today's market?
    Keeps me awake at night.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossGun View Post
    Mon dieu! He got old overnight

Naughty Marc Overmars is carrying a bit of timber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mon dieu! He got old overnight

Naughty Marc Overmars is carrying a bit of timber.
    Overmars face looked odd to me.

Not quite sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Overmars face looked odd to me.

Not quite sure why.
    I was thinking the same thing, p - kind of stuck pulling a face or something. The wind must have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, p - kind of stuck pulling a face or something. The wind must have changed.
    His expression is probably his reaction to the current state of Dutch football.

RIP Dutch football