Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here’s a ****ing question. How did tender-stem broccoli get to be seen as

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here’s a ****ing question. How did tender-stem broccoli get to be seen as

the superior type of broccoli, when the stem is clearly the rankest, most horribly textured and least flavoursome part?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    the superior type of broccoli, when the stem is clearly the rankest, most horribly textured and least flavoursome part?
    I am glad to see you are living a rock n roll lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am glad to see you are living a rock n roll lifestyle.
    I smoked broccoli once (amongst many other foodstuffs) in my quest to discover a new way of getting rat-faced

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I smoked broccoli once (amongst many other foodstuffs) in my quest to discover a new way of getting rat-faced
    Did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Did it work?
    Did it fúck.I think a sunflower worked but I was pished at the time so it's hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Did it fúck.I think a sunflower worked but I was pished at the time so it's hard to say.
    Dried banana skins were always reputed to work, but who can be bothered? Besides, if they actually worked, I'd have heard about it.

Because it's more tender and flavoursome. There's never been any question about the flavoursomeness of the stem, it's just been a bit thick. A thin stem is fine. I'm growing purple sprouting tender stem broccoli in my garden. I may actually get a crop if the ****ing Cabbage Whites ever stop eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Because it's more tender and flavoursome. There's never been any question about the flavoursomeness of the stem, it's just been a bit thick. A thin stem is fine. I'm growing purple sprouting tender stem broccoli in my garden. I may actually get a crop if the ****ing Cabbage Whites ever stop eating it.
    What? The stem is more tender? Are you a mental?

What? The stem is more tender? Are you a mental?
    Yes. Hence the name. I love broccoli, stem and all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Hence the name. I love broccoli, stem and all, though.
    Oh you mean the stem is thinner and more tender than those on normal broccoli. Yes, this is of course true, but they still have a horrible texture tender compared to florrets, so why are they considered superior.