Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Is thon Perez chap a sticking plaster signing ?

Is thon Perez chap a sticking plaster signing ?

I only ask, as he's 27 and Deportivo ended up 17th in La Liga last season.
    Curly told me yesterday that lower half Spanish sides were essentially shyte.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Maybe he'll be late bloomer like Vardy.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    We've been scouting him for a year, apparently. As i posted earlier, it seems he's only been played as a striker in the last few years and was a winger/attacking midfielder before. Perhaps he's found his calling and we've taken a punt. Wouldn't call it a sticking plaster though. I like the Vardy comparison and i'd say it's more of a gamble. He could replicate or improve on last season with better players around him. Could also be ****, of course.

He was probably a fair way down the list. Although, we should probably just be thankful that there actually was a list. Whether or not it's a panic buy, is up for debate. All I'll say, is that there seems to be a significant increase in Arsenal's intent to do these deals. Once points start being dropped in the league. Always a mixed bag though. Might stun everyone with Ozil, could be an ok Welbeck, or you could end up with Santos and Park.

It's still hard to fathom the approach taken to getting an elite striker in. It's been several years now. Welbeck was rushed in to cover Giroud's injury. It seems Perez is to plug the gap left by Welbeck/Campbell. Basically, squad strikers that you hope can improve. The level of intent and planning (best part of a year), that went into getting Xhaka. Doesn't seem to be there for an elite striker.

That left foot though....looks like an Eduardo type with a little more pace...

I suppose we can't fault Wenger....he has strengthened the 3 key areas we were all talking about....two new centre halves, a sound defensive midfielder in Xhaka and now a striker.

Let's face it....we only need Perez to do a job for the first half of the season and then we can have Welbeck back in there....who knows how fast Iwobi will improve in that time too.

And it's not like he has the most taxing job in the world...Ozil will lay everything up on a plate for him...all he has to do is hit the target which for some reason now our other players seem capable of doing but he seems to have a knack for it....nothing seems forced...all natural so who knows....

I think if this was 10 years ago it would be an issue given the physical nature and brutishness of the premier league at the time....but things have changed and the style of play is well....quite namby pamby imo.....

Good point T. What does Mickey Pearce think about it all?