Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: After reading the sticky thread and some of the comments. I can not help but think

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    lol @ mm's return to the headmaster's office
    Yes. Odd one, that. Thing was, as far as I was aware, mm and I had got on fine for ages on here. Not bosom buddies or anything, but not especially antagonistic either. Then he became convinced I was modd and got quite odd about it, causing me to defend myself robustly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I had a nice meal on Air canada once which was a nice surprise.
    Though I can not eat the weird half white half brown roll they give you with it.
    I had a sandwich in San Diego that can in brown bread with a big white swirl in it - or possibly the other way around. Anyway, it was a good sandwich. Lots of pastrami and cheese and pickles and such. Drank it with London Pride, which you can get relatively easily out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Odd one, that. Thing was, as far as I was aware, mm and I had got on fine for ages on here. Not bosom buddies or anything, but not especially antagonistic either. Then he became convinced I was modd and got quite odd about it, causing me to defend myself robustly.
    puberty 'n hormones 'n that

I had a sandwich in San Diego that can in brown bread with a big white swirl in it - or possibly the other way around. Anyway, it was a good sandwich. Lots of pastrami and cheese and pickles and such. Drank it with London Pride, which you can get relatively easily out there.
    The best mashed potato I've ever eaten was on a BA long haul flight. In economy, as well.

I still dream about that mashed potato.

I was surprised how popular Newcastle Brown Ale is over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The best mashed potato I've ever eaten was on a BA long haul flight. In economy, as well.

I still dream about that mashed potato.
    Mind you, one of the worst things I've ever been served was on a BA flight to Gothenburg. It was a cooked breakfast consisting of a catering sausage, a piece of pallid, fatty bacon, an amorphous lump of egg thing and a tinned tomato - all in the same compartment and infecting each other. Still ate it, mind.

Why on earth are they thinking of bringing the Great Auk back to life for goodness sake?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Why on earth are they thinking of bringing the Great Auk back to life for goodness sake?
    It's that darned multiculturalism again, m.

My cousin should never have moved to Melbourne. Yes, the wife's a nice girl but already has three grown-up kids. There could be trouble ahead.

Mind you, one of the worst things I've ever been served was on a BA flight to Gothenburg. It was a cooked breakfast consisting of a catering sausage, a piece of pallid, fatty bacon, an amorphous lump of egg thing and a tinned tomato - all in the same compartment and infecting each other. Still ate it, mind.
    I usually quite like the airline breakfast sausage thing, but they can indeed be horrendous.

Apparently Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Lufthansa's First Class catering is pretty remarkable. The on-board chefs are available throughout the flight so you order when you want to eat... Singapore's lobster thermidor is considered as good as anything available on the ground.