Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Will you be issuing guidelines to such mods, c?
    A good point. Will mods be policing civil behaviour,or subject integrity? And what are the roolz? Of course, in Headgear's day it was simple. I AM THE LAW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A good point. Will mods be policing civil behaviour,or subject integrity? And what are the roolz? Of course, in Headgear's day it was simple. I AM THE LAW!
    Quite. If I don't have the right to wield arbitrary, capricious and summary justice to wrongdoers, I'm frankly not interested, tbh.

Yes, those of us who were mods on the old board relied on our own judgement and discretion; if this thread has exposed an overwhelming demand for stricter moderation on grounds such as topicality, some guidelines will be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, those of us who were mods on the old board relied on our own judgement and discretion; if this thread has exposed an overwhelming demand for stricter moderation on grounds such as topicality, some guidelines will be required.
    Hang on, isn't this discussion already off-topic?

*EDIT* Just realised that asking that question is off-topic and could be seen as an attempt to hijack the thread.

It's a fúckin' minefield, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hang on, isn't this discussion already off-topic?

*EDIT* Just realised that asking that question is off-topic and could be seen as an attempt to hijack the thread.

It's a fúckin' minefield, innit?
    And yet this is probably one of the longer threads of the week - and it has featured posts from departed souls. Perhaps all threads should be stickies?

And yet this is probably one of the longer threads of the week - and it has featured posts from departed souls. Perhaps all threads should be stickies?
    Indeed. Perhaps the fact that it's headed 'open discussion' rather than 'incredibly narrow discussion on a single topic' has helped?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Indeed. Perhaps the fact that it's headed 'open discussion' rather than 'incredibly narrow discussion on a single topic' has helped?
    What if everyone had the power to moderate only a thread they have started? That way they can keep it open to include all comments or delete off-topicers?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    What if everyone had the power to moderate only a thread they have started? That way they can keep it open to include all comments or delete off-topicers?
    The thread Nazis would have little truck with your unique brand of tangential whimsy I fear, c. You'd be moderated to **** under the New Arsenal World Order.

ChrisPlus
    Cheers Burney - I'll organise it. Perhaps Sir C would also like to moderate?

With regard to guidelines - I'll think on it, but obviously the usual indiscretions like racism / sexism etc.etc. will have to be applied.

Is there any mileage in having an 'off topic' type section for non-footie talk?

Yes please I am always around. And whilst I used to fly off the handle I would be fair and impartial