Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Marhez 7 shirts were on the Chelsea Website. Mkhitaryan went to ManU. Higuain to

Marhez 7 shirts were on the Chelsea Website. Mkhitaryan went to ManU. Higuain to

Napoli. And we get two unknowns.

I don't think I'm going to be able to take it when we lose to ManU, their big signings play well and Jose gives it the large about how **** AW is compared to him.

I think our CL place could be in doubt.

And if players don't want to join us when we're in the CL, came 2nd in the league, and have Ozil and Alexis to play with, no-one will come when those two leave cos we're out of the CL.

We have £250m in the bank.

Prices have doubled in the last two years.

We could have got Higuain for €40m or maybe a bit more. Now that money gets you a donkey.

We're owned by a Septic who just wants to rinse money out of the club for his ****ty, Septic sports, and have a manager who won't accept that all this TV money means that wages and prices are not what they were.

We accepted a decade of penury to build the new stadium. Ironically, as a %age of total revenue, what we've gained from the larger stadium isn't all that much given how much TV and Sponsorship deals have risen.

So we could have stayed at Highbury and spent to build on the Invincibles.

We thought things were getting better after Ozil and Alexis, but then we didn't buy an outfield player last season and same 2nd in the league with only one out and out striker who went God knows how many games without a goal.

Now nobody wants to come to us.

AW says he was already spent big on Xhaka. That's not big by today's standards. That's Lauren or Van Bronkhurst level.

If you have to pay 200k a week to get a Mkhitaryan nowadays, and it means that you have to give similar wages to the stars already there, then you have to do it if you have any intention of winning the league.

We don't have any good players coming through. Gnabry looked like he had potential then got injured and became crap. Ox barely scores or assists. I like Campbell and thought he deserved more of a chance, but his stats show why AW is reluctant to use him.

And Feo is a joke. Can't play CF, can't play RW. No other club on the planet would have been paying him £100k a week for a decade, waiting patiently year after year for him to develop.

Apparently, we have larger cash reserves than every other club in the world. Yet we won't spend them because the manager still won't accept that prices and wages have gone up.

Either that, or people just don't want to come to the Arsenal. Like Vardy.

{Even this Pakistani 9th wicket partnership is going against me. Another edged through the slips as I type.}

Why don't people want to join us?

Why won't AW pay what it costs?

Why won't the Septic owner and CEO force him to?

What have I done to have the club I love destroyed? Why won't the owner just come out and admit that he's not prepared to spend £50m or whatever to make the difference between coming 3rd and 1st because he only makes an extra £5m in payments so it's not worth it.

Yanks should never have been allowed near football.

Imagine being a Scouser. I lived with 2 in my 2nd year at uni 1990-1. (It was great winning the league that year - with the games live on the normal telly.) They had a club they were so proud of. But two yanks come over and **** it up and LFC will never be great again.

They knew nothing about football, didn't give a **** about the fans and just hoped for free money. So they ripped the soul out of one of our cities. Imagine being a Scouser and seeing ManU win things and knowing that you'll never be able to properly compete with them. Even when it went tits up for them, they get Jose and big signings even though they're not in the CL. Imagine how that feels to a Scouser.

Well two Septics did that to them. And they could do it to us. We could be looking at the big clubs knowing we'll never compete.

Still, Moeen Ali's just made the breakthrough and taken the 9th wicket.

So maybe everything will be alright, then.

Ok, sorry for panicking.

The Chelsea shirt thing is fake brother

But what about England not enforcing the follow-on, Ganps? Does that vex you too?

Not enforcing the follow on does seem silly.

I suppose he was worried that those last two wickets would have tired out the bowlers. I decent opening stand and Pak could have done well.

But even if they'd scored 500, we'd still have been odd-on to win.

However, we're 98-1. Bat until 10 overs before lunch, tomorrow. Knowing that they have to get to lunch - giving us a 40 min rest, and fresh again after - and then another five sessions.

If there's a lot of rain and it comes back to haunt us, they'll be hell to pay.

But if there's a lot of rain, there'll be cloud about, and the ball will swing, so even if it's stop start, I fancy us taking 10 wickets tomorrow. Certainly in a day and a half.

We have as good a pace as attack as I can remember. {And Woakes looks like he cold be the real deal as an all-rounder. Would love to see him get his first tom.}

Kroenke is a scoundrel and he will preside over a continued decline in the team's sporting fortunes whilst keeping it at a level where he can still increase his wealth.

It's all bull s*it anyway...we can sign Hummels, Kroos, Messi and Suarez tomorrow but we'll still lose the league on account of that 4-1-4-1 formation...he ain't dropping Giroud or Ozil so everyone else will just have to make do with the position they're given.

We just need 11 players playing in their best positions and we will be fine....fkin Leicester won it last season like that.....

My feeling is Chelsea might be the one this season given how awesome Conte was with his formation and line up in the Euros and when he was with Juve.

He's like Jose but with a bit more class....