Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is simply so much about modern life I don't understand.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

There is simply so much about modern life I don't understand.

A 'flash mob' style gathering (?) had a water fight, chanted 'Black Lives Matter' and then stabbed a policeman and looted a McDonalds.

This was in London, by the way, not some ridiculous lala land like 'Merika.

If there was but one piece of the story I could grasp, I could use that as a frame upon which to hang the other elements, and thereby arrive at some understanding; unortunately, the whole thing smacks of insanity, so I'm lost.

I think bringing back the death penalty would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I think bringing back the death penalty would be very helpful.
    Erdogan likes this. Possibly for the 21,000 teachers he has just sacked for not supporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Erdogan likes this. Possibly for the 21,000 teachers he has just sacked for not supporting him.
    Black Lives Matter. Yours doesn't.

Yes. He's really working hard to reassure the international community that he's not about to plunge one of the few muslim democracies into a dark age of religious repression, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. He's really working hard to reassure the international community that he's not about to plunge one of the few muslim democracies into a dark age of religious repression, isn't he?
    He has stymied the federalists plan to bring Turkey into the fold quickly. When they need an Ataturk they end up with a secular Ayatollah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    He has stymied the federalists plan to bring Turkey into the fold quickly. When they need an Ataturk they end up with a secular Ayatollah.
    Yes. Merkel's dodgy refugee deal is looking a bit iffy as well, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A 'flash mob' style gathering (?) had a water fight, chanted 'Black Lives Matter' and then stabbed a policeman and looted a McDonalds.

This was in London, by the way, not some ridiculous lala land like 'Merika.

If there was but one piece of the story I could grasp, I could use that as a frame upon which to hang the other elements, and thereby arrive at some understanding; unortunately, the whole thing smacks of insanity, so I'm lost.
    Hot weather sometimes brings out the worst in people.

Hot weather sometimes brings out the worst in people.
    Still and all. Stabbing coppers and stealing cheeseburgers. Beyond the pale, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Still and all. Stabbing coppers and stealing cheeseburgers. Beyond the pale, I'm afraid.
    Hamburglar does not like this.