Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One wonders how much longer France can maintain its patience.

One wonders how much longer France can maintain its patience.

Four major terrorist attacks in 18 months is enough to test anyone's spirit of tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Four major terrorist attacks in 18 months is enough to test anyone's spirit of tolerance.
    Hard to know what they can do though, really - unless the security services have been pussyfooting around the banlieues trying not to cause offence...

I dunno. Mass round-ups, large-scale extra-judicial killings - it's not like the French have been too squeamish to do things like that in the relatively recent past. I couldn't blame them if they did

I dunno. Mass round-ups, large-scale extra-judicial killings - it's not like the French have been too squeamish to do things like that in the relatively recent past. I couldn't blame them if they did
    Simon Jenkins straight in with the 'do nothing!' article already. He must have a stash of them written in advance.

Yes, I saw that. Woefully predictable. These Allan ****ers must find our pusillanimity utterly hilarious. No wonder they despise us.

Yes, I saw that. Woefully predictable. These Allan ****ers must find our pusillanimity utterly hilarious. No wonder they despise us.
    I saw a line from Valls that I assumed must have been mistranslated. "France must learn to live withg terrorism." That would be a mind-boggling surrender. I'll see if I can find it in the froganese.

What do you say to those who claim that mass-round ups etc would play into the hands of our enemy by recruiting millions more to their cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Simon Jenkins straight in with the 'do nothing!' article already. He must have a stash of them written in advance.
    We could always submit, and convert, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I saw a line from Valls that I assumed must have been mistranslated. "France must learn to live withg terrorism." That would be a mind-boggling surrender. I'll see if I can find it in the froganese.
    Yeah, he could have at least added "until we've worked out the common denominator between all of these attacks and confronted that head on"

I say that we're already in a war with these ****ers, but some people are just too cowardly to admit it and realise that fighting back would be an admission of the fact.