Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So this morning we went for a breakfast meeting (ergh) and I ordered some toast.

So this morning we went for a breakfast meeting (ergh) and I ordered some toast.

The goblin that provided us with crockery advised us that she had no clean knives. She acknowledged that this was an issue for cutting/spreading things and so suggested that we use spoons to cut sausages and spread butter.

10 GPs and 2 receptionists sat around a large, circular table and spread butter and hacked away at sausages with spoons.

Just before she finished she returned with a packet of plastic knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The goblin that provided us with crockery advised us that she had no clean knives. She acknowledged that this was an issue for cutting/spreading things and so suggested that we use spoons to cut sausages and spread butter.

10 GPs and 2 receptionists sat around a large, circular table and spread butter and hacked away at sausages with spoons.

Was this The Savoy or The Dorchester?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Did you have forks? You only need a fork to eat a sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Was this The Savoy or The Dorchester?
    Not exactly. Fego in Cobham.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fortunately we did have forks, yes. That being said, I was not bought up in such a fashion whereby eating a sausage with a fork was considered acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, no, you don't need cutlery to eat a sausage, the sausage is cutlery.

she was taking the piss and you lot fell for it like the thick ****s you are.

wd the goblin, imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

wd the goblin, imo
    She obviously thought she would push them as far as possible and see how long it took for them to realise it was all a joke.... think ****s never got it though
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

wd the goblin, imo
    How long would it take to clean some knives?
    Hope you are enjoying your holiday by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    How long would it take to clean some knives?
    Hope you are enjoying your holiday by the way!
    Goblin advised that the dishwasher was broken and all the knives had been transported to their sister cafe where a working diswasher was present.

My colleague pointed out that that perhaps it would have been a good idea to clean all/some by hand for customers that may arrive early but this fell on deaf ears.