Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Here's what I don't get about the whole Blair hatred thing from the left

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's true, but it's only getting people who voted for him off on a technicality, isn't it? Everyone will have been aware that, by ticking the box next to their Labour candidate, they were in effect putting someone they considered a war criminal back into Number 10. I find that fact hard to reconcile with their apparent implacable contempt for said war criminal.
    Your unique ability for utterly facile argument is well demonstrated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking View Post
    Your unique ability for utterly facile argument is well demonstrated here.
    Merely pointing out the left's apparently limitless capacity for self-serving humbug, hypocrisy and sanctimony as ever, doc.

Merely pointing out the left's apparently limitless capacity for self-serving humbug, hypocrisy and sanctimony as ever, doc.
    So when May wins the Tory leadership as a Remainer that won't be hypocrisy by Tory members at all?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So when May wins the Tory leadership as a Remainer that won't be hypocrisy by Tory members at all?
    You seem to be assuming that all Tory members were pro-Leave, which simply isn't the case - not by a long chalk. Tory members will be given a choice of two candidates and will elect the one they think best able to win the next election. I see no hypocrisy in that

If May wins, it will in part be because she was never a committed Remainer and is therefore an acceptable compromise for the two halves of the party to get behind. Again, no hypocrisy.

No, you're just being a cock.

edit: never mind