Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's what I don't get about the whole Blair hatred thing from the left

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course it wasn't the only issue, but the fact that people were clearly prepared to overlook the small matter of Blair having dragged the country into what they believe was an illegal and unnecessary war for which our military was clearly unprepared and which caused the deaths of thousands simply because they felt the economy was doing well rather gives the lie to their outrage and apparent hatred of him, doesn't it?
    I would imagine a lot of people are so ingrained in a political party (or belief?) that election after election they will just tick the same box.

You can disagree with or hate Blair but still be a Labour supporter, you are after all really voting for a local MP.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would imagine a lot of people are so ingrained in a political party (or belief?) that election after election they will just tick the same box.

You can disagree with or hate Blair but still be a Labour supporter, you are after all really voting for a local MP.
    That's true, but it's only getting people who voted for him off on a technicality, isn't it? Everyone will have been aware that, by ticking the box next to their Labour candidate, they were in effect putting someone they considered a war criminal back into Number 10. I find that fact hard to reconcile with their apparent implacable contempt for said war criminal.

That's true, but it's only getting people who voted for him off on a technicality, isn't it? Everyone will have been aware that, by ticking the box next to their Labour candidate, they were in effect putting someone they considered a war criminal back into Number 10. I find that fact hard to reconcile with their apparent implacable contempt for said war criminal.
    Your unique ability for utterly facile argument is well demonstrated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking View Post
    Your unique ability for utterly facile argument is well demonstrated here.
    Merely pointing out the left's apparently limitless capacity for self-serving humbug, hypocrisy and sanctimony as ever, doc.

Merely pointing out the left's apparently limitless capacity for self-serving humbug, hypocrisy and sanctimony as ever, doc.
    So when May wins the Tory leadership as a Remainer that won't be hypocrisy by Tory members at all?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So when May wins the Tory leadership as a Remainer that won't be hypocrisy by Tory members at all?
    You seem to be assuming that all Tory members were pro-Leave, which simply isn't the case - not by a long chalk. Tory members will be given a choice of two candidates and will elect the one they think best able to win the next election. I see no hypocrisy in that

If May wins, it will in part be because she was never a committed Remainer and is therefore an acceptable compromise for the two halves of the party to get behind. Again, no hypocrisy.

No, you're just being a cock.

edit: never mind

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Michael Howard was the Tory leader at the time and he was ****ing useless...
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Michael Howard was the Tory leader at the time and he was ****ing useless...
    He wasn't, actually. He got the Tory party back into some semblance of order after the Hague/Duncan Smith omnishambles years. He was never really meant to win an election, though, I'll grant you.