Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want Jorge back,

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think his debates with Berni over the EU Referendum lapsed from the passive aggressive to the outright aggressive. Berni told him to **** off and die, I believe.

Hopefully Jorge didn't take him literally, Clive.

Well without wishing to take sides here I doubt Berni really meant it in a literal sense. I would have hoped J to be of thicker skin and to simply reply referencing his mum.

This Brexit stuff has a lot to answer for, and you have not even scratched the surface yet. Politics you see, murky business. Thankfully I have chosen a path in life where I largely ignore it.

I suspect J will return soon when the normal discourse of football is upon us on a daily basis. The excitement of a new signing will surely flush him out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well without wishing to take sides here I doubt Berni really meant it in a literal sense. I would have hoped J to be of thicker skin and to simply reply referencing his mum.
    Here's the thread - difficult to see what could have triggered such an unpleasant vitriolic response from Berni.

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...horribly-wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Here's the thread - difficult to see what could have triggered such an unpleasant vitriolic response from Berni.
    Whisky, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Whisky, perhaps.
    Yes, it seems to be a reasonably standard post-prandial tiff. I'd be surprised if Jorge took serious offence.

Well, Jorge can be infuriating. He consistently demonstrates the maxim originally uttered in reference to religion: that it has a a great capacity for making good people do bad things. Jorge's religious devotion to lefty-ism - if we are to take him at his word - leads him to say things that are objectively and comtemptibly wrong.

Okay, I have read it all now. Handbags essentially.

I see IUFG being one of them transgender freaks buried in there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Well, Jorge can be infuriating. He consistently demonstrates the maxim originally uttered in reference to religion...
    Although I cannot recall him ever being abusive or personal; he tends to remain quite measured. This board is, without doubt, greatly diminished by his absence

Although I cannot recall him ever being abusive or personal; he tends to remain quite measured. This board is, without doubt, greatly diminished by his absence
    I've had cross words with him in the past, for the reasons monty delineates, and he doesn't hold back. But similarly, he doesn't hold a grudge.

I don't necessarily have a problem with personal abuse. Not everything benefits from being discussed on the terms of the debate alone. You can't separate people from their ideas and opinions. If someone says something profoundly wrong, that is likely to be, in some way, an indictment of their character. And it shouldn't be off-limits to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've had cross words with him in the past, for the reasons monty delineates, and he doesn't hold back. But similarly, he doesn't hold a grudge.
    Le Manoir tomorrow for luncheon. Whoop!

Summer menu looks a bit gay, though. One of the seven courses appears to be a salad Do you think I can ask if they'll swap it out for some actual food?