Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're not a bad lot really, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I would have thought you were highly in favor of Brexit. No? Change of heart?
    Who are you asking here, ega?

I would have thought you were highly in favor of Brexit. No? Change of heart?
    I was ambivalent, seeing merit in both sides of the argument and possibly a little fearful of the potential issues with leaving.

Now that the decision has been made, I'm in favour of going with it and making the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Who are you asking here, ega?
    Charlie. But don't hesitate to jump in. Actually, I don't want to come across as a complete prick. It's kind of a messed up situation. And this producer I know is not able to contribute to my movie, so it's collateral damage for me as well. She's still going to help me pitch something to the BBC though. :-/

Charlie. But don't hesitate to jump in. Actually, I don't want to come across as a complete prick. It's kind of a messed up situation. And this producer I know is not able to contribute to my movie, so it's collateral damage for me as well. She's still going to help me pitch something to the BBC though. :-/
    Oh I voted Leave. I've found the EU's increasingly dominant role in British public life offensive for many years and jumped at the chance to **** them off.

When talking to Eastern Europeans of my acquaintance about my reasons for voting Leave, they struggle to grasp why I find the EU insufficiently democratic. But then, as I've pointed out, many of them were born under communism, so their expectations of what constitutes democracy are pretty ****ing low.
    Right. And frightening too, all that personal responsibility.

See, it's not just about voting, is it. It's about having control over your own life and dealing with the consequences of your own decisions. They are simply not used to this and it terrifies them.

They think we're all terribly brave

Which, I suppose, we *are*
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

So B, as I'm trying to get a complete picture of this issue, could you elaborate a bit on the undemocratic aspects of the EU that drove you away?

And I've heard a couple of times that this referendum isn't binding? What's the story there?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. And frightening too, all that personal responsibility.

See, it's not just about voting, is it. It's about having control over your own life and dealing with the consequences of your own decisions. They are simply not used to this and it terrifies them.

They think we're all terribly brave

Which, I suppose, we *are*
    We're quite pig-headed, I suppose. Which amounts to the same thing, when push comes to shove.

Oh I voted Leave. I've found the EU's increasingly dominant role in British public life offensive for many years and jumped at the chance to **** them off.
    Okay. .....

Okay. .....
    Not actually expressive of doubt. Just that I was trying to get ten characters.

The belgiums keep going with no government at all..the itlaians are pretty good at making do with no one in power and just welcoming whoever sweeps in ( a'la classic line in Catch 22 ..under facists we were the best fac etc ) ..i think its just really the french, germans and greeks who lose the plot..the ruskis just keep on keeping on too..think its human nature..weused to just live for our village at the end of day and our house is our castle