Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: We're not a bad lot really, are we?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When talking to Eastern Europeans of my acquaintance about my reasons for voting Leave, they struggle to grasp why I find the EU insufficiently democratic. But then, as I've pointed out, many of them were born under communism, so their expectations of what constitutes democracy are pretty ****ing low.
    Right. And frightening too, all that personal responsibility.

See, it's not just about voting, is it. It's about having control over your own life and dealing with the consequences of your own decisions. They are simply not used to this and it terrifies them.

They think we're all terribly brave

Which, I suppose, we *are*
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. And frightening too, all that personal responsibility.

See, it's not just about voting, is it. It's about having control over your own life and dealing with the consequences of your own decisions. They are simply not used to this and it terrifies them.

They think we're all terribly brave

Which, I suppose, we *are*
    We're quite pig-headed, I suppose. Which amounts to the same thing, when push comes to shove.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    This is the advantage of voting for the losing side in elections and things. You get to bitch and moan and blame other peope if anything goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is the advantage of voting for the losing side in elections and things. You get to bitch and moan and blame other peope if anything goes wrong.
    No, you don't, A. Loyal opposition and a' that.

You shake hands, say Well Played and then invite the winner for a pint. There *is* no losing side; we're all on the *same* side.

Behaving like an abandoned wife does no good at all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."