Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So members of the same English football press who have for years ridiculed AW now

So members of the same English football press who have for years ridiculed AW now

want him as England manager?

Sometimes I wish he weren't such a nice man and would publicly tell them all to get ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    want him as England manager?

I wish he weren't such a nice man and would publicly tell them all to get ****ed.
    Christ, imagine what they'd do to him in the inevitable event of England's failure at the next tournament

they ridiculed him for not buying new players , not picking enough english players but respecting he did best withwhat he had and won some things and could have won more things with some star signings..so perfect for england job as he cant go and buy players anyway and he has to pick english

england will win with him in charge imo plus means we get a new manager..win win

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Christ, imagine what they'd do to him in the inevitable event of England's failure at the next tournament
    Also, why when speculating do the press always seem to overlook the fact that one of the consistent themes of his career is that he always sees out his contracts?

because the press are morons? not you LA..yes you Monty I wish theFA would get Conte tbh..as I like what he doing for Italy and fear hes going to make chelsea a bit damn good and not even that hateable

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Also, why when speculating do the press always seem to overlook the fact that one of the consistent themes of his career is that he always sees out his contracts?
    Apart from at Nancy and Grampus 8 you mean (which is quite a high percentage of his clubs he managed, and he was sacked by the only other one)

If you repeat something often enough though, folk will believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Apart from at Nancy and Grampus 8 you mean (which is quite a high percentage of his clubs he managed, and he was sacked by the only other one)
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Very true, r, very true

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was under the impression that the reason we ended up waiting for him to turn up was because he was seeing out his contract at Grampus 8 (such a stupid name for a football club - wd Japanesers)?
    Last edited by Burney; 06-29-2016 at 08:54 AM.