Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: WTF Britain? I mean, seriously, wtf? Did you cut education funding over the past 30

Thumbs up WTF Britain? I mean, seriously, wtf? Did you cut education funding over the past 30

years too?

Well, y'all are welcome to emigrate here. Well, depending on our election maybe only the white ones of y'all are welcome...Let's see if we can trump your stupidity.

The Scots and the Northern Irish are going to be so pissed at you...

We got tired of unelected fat-cats in Brussels telling us what to do. Scotland can leave whenever it wants if it wants. They'll be the losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexism - Atheoist View Post
    years too?

Well, y'all are welcome to emigrate here. Well, depending on our election maybe only the white ones of y'all are welcome...Let's see if we can trump your stupidity.

Everyone knows "free" education is waste of money, time and effort.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Scotland can leave whenever it wants if it wants.
    No, it can't because nobody enjoys fly-fishing for salmon in places like Hampshire.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

We got tired of unelected fat-cats in Brussels telling us what to do. Scotland can leave whenever it wants if it wants. They'll be the losers.
    Scotland can try to leave... if they then want to rejoin the EU they have to take the EURO... good luck with that
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexism - Atheoist View Post
    years too?

1) Scotland is, or at least was the last time I checked, part OF Britain

2) That said, I do find it a wee bit strange that Scotland (significantly not just Scots in the Sept 14 referendum I hasten to add) said they did not want to be governed by people in Westminster they did not vote for wanted to be governed by people in Brussels they did not vote for. Eh?
    Last edited by Mc Gooner; 06-24-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gooner View Post

2) That said, I do find a wee bit strange that Scotland (significantly not just Scots in the Sept 14 referendum I hasten to add) said they did not want to be governed by people they did not vote for to be governed by people they did not vote for. Eh?
    And long may it continue. But that pair of fishy politicians need to put up or shut up. I have no doubt Scotland is better in the United Kingdom than out but if the people of Scotland disagree with that well, it's their country and their prerogative.

And long may it continue. But that pair of fishy politicians need to put up or shut up. I have no doubt Scotland is better in the United Kingdom than out but if the people of Scotland disagree with that well, it's their country and their prerogative.
    In a word, yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gooner View Post

2) That said, I do find it a wee bit strange that Scotland (significantly not just Scots in the Sept 14 referendum I hasten to add) said they did not want to be governed by people in Westminster they did not vote for wanted to be governed by people in Brussels they did not vote for. Eh?
    1/ Absolutely. And voted to remain so and ought therefore to abide by the will of the majority of British people rather than claim some sort of exceptionalism.
    2/ Yes. It is reminiscent of the Irish, who, having fought for their independence from unelected foreign rulers for 800 years, finally achieved it, only to hand it over to unelected foreign rulers again 50 years later.

I can only presume that unelected foreign rulers are fine as far as the Scots and Irish are concerned - just so long as they're not English.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can only presume that unelected foreign rulers are fine as far as the Scots and Irish are concerned - just so long as they're not English.
    Yes, that's pretty much how my wife and bairns feel about the thing too