Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The next steps on from Vardy

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    So, with the bruk arm, nicotine addicted dee dar snubbing us we've got a bit of a dilema. We wont get another striker of his quality, whatever you think his quality actually is, for £20m that's for sure. So, with an eye on the future, let's look at who's next.

Michy Batshuayi - £30m
    I like this guy, I really do. He's got everything we could need and at that price and age actually represents decent value.

Alexandre Lacazette - £30m
    A really good player, fast, a decent finisher but not so great with his back to goal and would struggle to be our focal point for sustained periods. Also, historical attitude problems. I'd steer clear.

Alvaro Morata - £55m and rising
    The guy's good, very good, but is he £50m+ good? I'm not too sure. Anyway, it's safe to say he'll be used as a Pogba Pawn by Madrid. I doubt we'll get a look in.

Gonzo Higuain - £72m (possibly reduced to £47 million, if he can negotiate it)
    A Rolls Royce of a player, we shouldve got him when we had the opportunity and I dont think we'll be able to now, or that he'll negotiate that reduced release clause.

PE Aubemayang - £65m (ish)
    Not even sure he wants to leave BvB, and even if he does he'd want to go to Madrid. Safe to say the ship has probably sailed on this one.

Any more CFs of repute?
    Embolo, Vietto, Angel Correa, Janssen, that young African at Manchester City; Iheanacho? Nabir, Icardi, :Williams: from Bilbao.

Or just wait for #welbzRIP
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Walcott, Theo.
    He's ****, and a soft ****. In short, he's a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He's ****, and a soft ****. In short, he's a ****.
    Sir C or Theo?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Sir C or Theo?
    How dare you?! Sir C isnt soft, he's just a little puffy

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    How dare you?! Sir C isnt soft, he's just a little puffy
    I never said he was I was just questioning BGS. I have met Sir c and he is in fact as hard as nails
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I too think it will be everyone's favourite...internal solutions. But in favour of Sanchez being pushed up top. /taps nose

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Walcott, Theo.
    Right. There's actually no reason Theo Walcott can't do for us just what Vardy did for Leicester City.

Unless there is.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. There's actually no reason Theo Walcott can't do for us just what Vardy did for Leicester City.

Unless there is.
    Was actually doing a fine job until he got knacked

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Was actually doing a fine job until he got knacked
    I must have missed that 10 minutes
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman