Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things that could have gone better on my trip to Naples last week

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    1) Not missing our flight (National Express delayed by 50 minutes. Cost of rebooking on the next flight 6 hours later on the other side of London = £130)
    2) Not staying with the least welcoming and convivial Italian mother ever, whose idea of hospitality was giving me a wide berth every time she saw me and slamming a plate full of fried cheese balls in front of me for dinner, two nights in a row
    3) Not driving two hours in the wrong direction to the beach, on the only sunny day
    4) Not walking to our hire car to drive to the airport only to find it had been towed away and replaced by a street market, with no signs in sight (Cost or reclaiming our car = €150)

Apart form that, great trip.
    Naples? You went to Naples?

**** me. If you want to experience the third world in all its grubby glory, you have the whole of sub-Saharan Africa from which to choose.

Naples? **** me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    For the cheese balls, duh
    These ones?

MiniBabybel.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

**** me. If you want to experience the third world in all its grubby glory, you have the whole of sub-Saharan Africa from which to choose.

Naples? **** me.
    Yeah but where else can you see real life, carbonised, 2,000-year-old corpses still cowering in the actual position in which they burnt to death?

I must say, I was surprised to learn that we actually bombed Pompeii during WW2. That's a bit like punching a down syndromic in the face, just for a laugh, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Did he make fun of you for wearing your seatbelt?

They always do to me
    Yes he did!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Why were you staying with an Italian family?
    My mate is from there.

I will never do it again.

Yeah but where else can you see real life, carbonised, 2,000-year-old corpses still cowering in the actual position in which they burnt to death?

I must say, I was surprised to learn that we actually bombed Pompeii during WW2. That's a bit like punching a down syndromic in the face, just for a laugh, isn't it?
    Clearly one goes to Sorrento, or Ravello. And does a day trip to Pompeii.

My mate is from there.

I will never do it again.
    I genuinely thought you did not have any mates, allied to both you being a monumental bell-end but also your open hatred for fellow man.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I genuinely thought you did not have any mates, allied to both you being a monumental bell-end but also your open hatred for fellow man.
    Heeeeyyyyy, misanthropes can have friends too. I have several real people who I rub along with fine.

Anyway, with all your "chinning" it's a wonder you have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Naples? **** me.
    Same difference really.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Same difference really.
    Except Africa's less dangerous. The DRC's a walk in the park compared to Naples.