Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that could have gone better on my trip to Naples last week

Things that could have gone better on my trip to Naples last week

1) Not missing our flight (National Express delayed by 50 minutes. Cost of rebooking on the next flight 6 hours later on the other side of London = £130)
    2) Not staying with the least welcoming and convivial Italian mother ever, whose idea of hospitality was giving me a wide berth every time she saw me and slamming a plate full of fried cheese balls in front of me for dinner, two nights in a row
    3) Not driving two hours in the wrong direction to the beach, on the only sunny day
    4) Not walking to our hire car to drive to the airport only to find it had been towed away and replaced by a street market, with no signs in sight (Cost or reclaiming our car = €150)

Apart form that, great trip.
    Last edited by Monty92; 06-22-2016 at 01:55 PM.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    1) Not missing our flight (National Express delayed by 50 minutes. Cost of rebooking on the next flight 6 hours later = £130)
    2) Not staying with the least welcoming Italian mother ever, whose idea of hospitality was giving me a wide berth every time she saw me and slamming a plate full of cheese balls in front of me for dinner, two nights in a row
    3) Not driving two hours in the wrong direction to the beach, on the only sunny day
    4) Not walking to our hire car to drive to the airport only to find it had been towed away and replaced by a street market, with no signs in sight (Cost or reclaiming our car = €150)

Are you pitching to be the new Chevy Chase?

A less charitable soul would have said it serves you right for getting a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention arriving at Gatwick after a 2-hour crawl across London from Stansted to check in to our re-booked flight and being told the flight had been (intentionally) over-booked and we would only be allowed on if there were no-shows.

And there was me thinking that ****ing a man would be my travelling nadir.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post

I had no choice but to get a coach last time I went to Gatwick as the rail line had works on it. It was utter hell. Victoria Coach Station could have been invented by Dante

1) Not missing our flight (National Express delayed by 50 minutes. Cost of rebooking on the next flight 6 hours later on the other side of London = £130)
    2) Not staying with the least welcoming and convivial Italian mother ever, whose idea of hospitality was giving me a wide berth every time she saw me and slamming a plate full of fried cheese balls in front of me for dinner, two nights in a row

Why would a 50 minute delay make you miss a flight? Surely any sensible person aims to get to an airport 2-3 hours before a flight

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I had no choice but to get a coach last time I went to Gatwick as the rail line had works on it. It was utter hell. Victoria Coach Station could have been invented by Dante
    Yeah, given that's the welcome we give a large percentage of the fugees arriving it's quite a wonder they stay. Mind you, nobody uses coaches voluntarily do they? The hard wearing velour gives me the fear, quite frankly.

2 hours the wrong way. Where did you end up Foggia? Unless you were heading North if you had driven a few mins longer you would have found a different beach.

Why would a 50 minute delay make you miss a flight? Surely any sensible person aims to get to an airport 2-3 hours before a flight
    as my family insisted Toronto rush hour would be a nightmare and I insisted it wouldn't take more than 45 mins to get there. They demanded we got a taxi at 4pm (for a 9.05pm flight)

I said you are all mental.

Well the taxi arrived slightly early and we got there at 4.30pm zzzzz although it was boring I was a smug ****er for the rest of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    as my family insisted Toronto rush hour would be a nightmare and I insisted it wouldn't take more than 45 mins to get there. They demanded we got a taxi at 4pm (for a 9.05pm flight)

I said you are all mental.

Well the taxi arrived slightly early and we got there at 4.30pm zzzzz although it was boring I was a smug ****er for the rest of the evening.
    Airports are great though, p. They have bars and everything

Airports are great though, p. They have bars and everything
    The terminal I was in had a these fancy shops too. all the top end designers
    'Coming soon'

As most of it was under reconstruction