Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JK Rowling attacks racists who oppose black actress playing Hermione.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    You do know that Hermione and James Bond are fictional characters, right? and that JK Rowling created the character of Hermione? And that if the creators/owners of the James Bond franchise wish to have a non-White actor play the lead role then that is their right?

What??? James Bond isnt real???? I didnt know ..... Hmm you get the jist of what Im saying lad. When characters are written, they are done so with a certain look and feel. If a well known fictional Black character suddenly turned up white Id be questioning that too. Get over yourself.

I'd like to see a middle eastern type play Jesus. That will cause a stir or two
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'd like to see a middle eastern type play Jesus. That will cause a stir or two
    To answer your pre edited point .. I didnt know who the Hermione character was so googled it and a white girl appeared. Looke like that tasty little bird Emma Watson? .. I can see why people would find it weird if that character suddenly turned black. As I said earlier, if I was used to a well known character being played by a black person Id be slightly unnerved if they showed up white. Thats not being racist. (It is to left wing nutjobs of course but thats their thing)

As for Jesus, Id be delighted to see a middle eastern play that part. He was middle eastern no?

Imagine the uproar?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Imagine the uproar?
    I cant imagine much uproar tbh. Maybe the odd village vicar but thats about it

Seems like there is still so much evolution in humanity especially in England with racists who criticise and whinge about black actors/actresses getting jobs in the industry. Wasn't so long ago the same vile disgusting turds were up in arms over a black actor rumoured to be playing James Bond.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36454875

Dey tuk are jobz
    That's just banter, I think. She can say whatever she wants *after* she's booked all the profits.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Floyd View Post
    I cant imagine much uproar tbh. Maybe the odd village vicar but thats about it
    I think most of the religious right would be up in arms. How many people on the States would be up in arms?

This could well be the most boring article ever written.

Seems like there is still so much evolution in humanity especially in England with racists who criticise and whinge about black actors/actresses getting jobs in the industry. Wasn't so long ago the same vile disgusting turds were up in arms over a black actor rumoured to be playing James Bond.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36454875

Dey tuk are jobz
    Not the post though! The post is mega-platinum.

Imagine a product or commodity being owned by its owners and the owners wanting to do what they want with it

Anything else would be 'Communist'

Just like you...

'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'