Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JK Rowling attacks racists who oppose black actress playing Hermione.

JK Rowling attacks racists who oppose black actress playing Hermione.

Seems like there is still so much evolution in humanity especially in England with racists who criticise and whinge about black actors/actresses getting jobs in the industry. Wasn't so long ago the same vile disgusting turds were up in arms over a black actor rumoured to be playing James Bond.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36454875

Dey tuk are jobz

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Seems like there is still so much evolution in humanity especially in England with racists who criticise and whinge about black actors/actresses getting jobs in the industry. Wasn't so long ago the same vile disgusting turds were up in arms over a black actor rumoured to be playing James Bond.

Dey tuk are jobz
    Yeah but is it really racism or simply OCD types who can't bare the concept of having their favourite characters altered..
    To me, it's no more outrageous than having anyone else other than Morgan Friedman playing God.. Something we can all agree would be unthinkable.

With an Axe? That would be cool

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Yeah but is it really racism or simply OCD types who can't bare the concept of having their favourite characters altered..
    To me, it's no more outrageous than having anyone else other than Morgan Friedman playing God.. Something we can all agree would be unthinkable.
    Morgan Friedman?!

The Jorge

Dey tuk are jobz
    I don't think they're all racists, fanboys can be just as vile and across a wider spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Morgan Friedman?!

Schoolboy error on my part there j. In addition to his acting prowess, he was pretty influential in his time with the Thatch..

I have no problem with a black actor (or Asian or Inuit or all the other ethinicities always quietly forgotten when race is discussed) playing Hermione or whoever.

However I was glibly informed today in my University of Warwick inline Shakespeare course that whilst a black actor can play Hamlet a white actor can no longer play Othello - unless the rest of the cast are black. The reasoning behind this wonderful piece of PC racism is not given.

The white supremacists wont win, they know who they are, the Tommy Robinson and Nigel Farage wannabes.

Dey tuk are jobz

She is right, all these people are regularly seen at KKK rallies. Id like to see a white actor play Mohammad Ali. I have no doubt she would scream racist at anyone who would question that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Floyd View Post
    She is right, all these people are regularly seen at KKK rallies. Id like to see a white actor play Mohammad Ali. I have no doubt she would scream racist at anyone who would question that too.
    You do know that Hermione and James Bond are fictional characters, right? and that JK Rowling created the character of Hermione? And that if the creators/owners of the James Bond franchise wish to have a non-White actor play the lead role then that is their right?