Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This new rail tunnel apparently encapsulates swiss national identity. Is it

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    a. You don't believe in Swiss doctors? They're not like unicorns, they really do exist.
    b. You've heard of people moving across borders? It happens all the time.
    Why of course. I'm just surprised that a Cavalier would be the car of choice for a Swiss Doctor.
    Most of the buggers are in 4x4's or something German engineered.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Why of course. I'm just surprised that a Cavalier would be the car of choice for a Swiss Doctor.
    Most of the buggers are in 4x4's or something German engineered.
    This was probably 1982, 1983? He was most likely a tight ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh I say! Quite the opener, that.
    I've just been rather amazed with the new Swiss Air advertising strapline "Seeing one of the richest countries has never been so affordable", very odd

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I've just been rather amazed with the new Swiss Air advertising strapline "Seeing one of the richest countries has never been so affordable", very odd
    Switzerland *is* quite well off, I suppose, in its weight division.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    possible for a tunnel to be a miserable, humourless anti-social **** then?
    You really shouldn't say such things, H, espescially now, as we're on the verge of signing our third Swiss international in six months
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Switzerland *is* quite well off, I suppose, in its weight division.
    Hardly a reason to travel somewhere though. It's not high on my list of priorities when deciding where to visit

Hardly a reason to travel somewhere though. It's not high on my list of priorities when deciding where to visit
    You're not a poverty tourist, are you, like Sir C and Jorge?

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    possible for a tunnel to be a miserable, humourless anti-social **** then?
    I cant believe nobody's mentioned Nazi gold or secretive banking laws here. Surely those, and less so cuckoo clocks and multi-tool knives, are key to Switzerland's character.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You're not a poverty tourist, are you, like Sir C and Jorge?
    Me, a poverty tourist? Living in Bradford I you'd think I'd gone a bit far with that.

Yes. Well 'smug', 'vulgar' and 'crass' are strong suits for our Helvetian chums, of course.