Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To see reasonable people debating whether the Hillsborough t-shirt bloke

To see reasonable people debating whether the Hillsborough t-shirt bloke

should have been arrested is proof enough how degraded our values have become.

The idea that anyone could, or should, be arrested for such a thing should horrify us.

And yet, none of us are instinctively sure anymore. Even I had to run it through my head a couple of times before coming to the ONLY possible conclusion.

Sad scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

The idea that anyone could, or should, be arrested for such a thing should horrify us.

And yet, none of us are instinctively sure anymore. Even I had to run it through my head a couple of times before coming to the ONLY possible conclusion.

Sad scenes.
    You have said a truly true truth here. wd m.

I smell a doo doo

Should be patented.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You have said a truly true truth here. wd m.
    I have some sympathy, of course. Here we have a man guilty of some of the worst public behaviour imaginable that doesn't involve verbal abuse or physical violence. So instinctively, of course, we want such bad behaviour to be punished harshly and a clip round the ear and sending him on his way certainly feels disproportionately lenient.

But we have forgotten what is at stake here. And for that, I blame the feminists, gays and Allans.

I might get a t-shirt designed.
    Last edited by Monty92; 05-31-2016 at 02:17 PM.

, I blame the feminists, gays and Allans.
    "Who do you blame for the murder of Jesus Christ?"

If I put that on a t-shirt would that be a loophole?

I was instinctively sure. I have a policy on this sort of thing, you see. But you are right that freedom is severely degraded when many can consider that such an arrest might be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    "Who do you blame for the murder of Jesus Christ?"

If I put that on a t-shirt would that be a loophole?
    The Romans.

I have some sympathy, of course. Here we have a man guilty of some of the worst public behaviour imaginable that doesn't involve verbal abuse or physical violence. So instinctively, of course, we want such bad behaviour to be punished harshly and a clip round the ear and sending him on his way certainly feels disproportionately lenient.

But we have forgotten what is at stake here. And for that, I blame the feminists, gays and Allans.

I might get a t-shirt designed.
    It is, I suppose, the logical conclusion to the cult of political correctness promulgated with such remarkable fervour by the bien pensant chatterers of the BBC.

It's an issue of thoughtcrime, more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The Romans.
    Matthew 27:22-25
    John 11:47-50
    John 11:53

If I put that on a t-shirt is that a loophole?

Sad scenes.

But these values came from a world where no-one would ever have dreamt of going out in public with a deliberately offensive message plastered all over their shirt. Surely it is in that societal change that the values have become degraded? The point at which society ceased to police its own behaviour and starting regarding the right to free speech as representing carte blanche to behave egregiously and to deliberately upset people is where things started to go tits up.