Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone see the last whites of the east end last night..

anyone see the last whites of the east end last night..

Whatever your political views on immigration, it really was quite sad scenes.
    Families with five generations becoming alienated and isolated in areas they've grown up in.
    Surely the point of a mixed society is to achieve better managed integration as opposed to flooding an area beyond recognition over a twenty year period.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Families with five generations becoming alienated and isolated in areas they've grown up in.
    Surely the point of a mixed society is to achieve better managed integration as opposed to flooding an area beyond recognition over a twenty year period.
    I thought the Labour government had a policy of discouraging integration in favour of multiculturalism?

Basically, creating ghettoes of immigrants and then pandering to them buys you a bloc vote.

Will check that out, 7evens, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Will check that out, 7evens, thanks.
    Caused a bit of a twitter storm today apparently. Beeb being branded as investing tax payers money in racist programming.
    Most of the papers carry some type of comment..

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3256261.html
    Last edited by 7sisters; 05-25-2016 at 01:53 PM.

The Jorge
    I'm not entirely sure it's done by design, these things happen organically. Of course, the east end has always done a fairly good job of assimilating immigrants and then having them bugger off elsewhere within a generation or two.

I cant imagine the systematic purging of local authority housing, gentrification and the willing over/hyperinflation of the london housing market has positive effects on any of these things either.

And this is speaking as someone who could say they've been gentrified out of my natural born area too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    I'm not entirely sure it's done by design, these things happen organically. Of course, the east end has always done a fairly good job of assimilating immigrants and then having them bugger off elsewhere within a generation or two.

I cant imagine the systematic purging of local authority housing, gentrification and the willing over/hyperinflation of the london housing market has positive effects on any of these things either.

And this is speaking as someone who could say they've been gentrified out of my natural born area too.
    You said you left because it was a ****hole, I thought?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It's no big deal. I feel alienated and isolated in my own house too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You said you left because it was a ****hole, I thought?
    It was a bit more nuanced than that but ultimately, if I wanted to live anywhere near the area I grew up, I was paying around a grand a month for a decent flat. And that was for a one bedroom flat on the **** side of Finsbury Park.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    It was a bit more nuanced than that but ultimately, if I wanted to live anywhere near the area I grew up, I was paying around a grand a month for a decent flat. And that was for a one bedroom flat on the **** side of Finsbury Park.
    Right. The bit of it you could afford was ****. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. My uncle tells of how European travellers view Africans the same way; "Oh, you shouldn't stop them living in mud huts and sleeping on the floor, they do that because they *like* it!"

It was ****ing depressing.

I don't know what they were moaning about. Some sort of change was occurring and instead of adapting to or even fighting it if they wanted to, they all just buggered off.

Proper thickos.