Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Another Egyptian plane crash :(

Another Egyptian plane crash :(

Missing over the ocean somewhere apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    Missing over the ocean somewhere apparently
    I think in this instance we can take 'missing' to mean 'teeny-weeny bits of aluminimium', given the amount of military primary radar that must be all over the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think in this instance we can take 'missing' to mean 'teeny-weeny bits of aluminimium', given the amount of military primary radar that must be all over the area.
    If it was a bomb, I wonder why they'd choose to detonate over the sea rather than land?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If it was a bomb, I wonder why they'd choose to detonate over the sea rather than land?
    I suppose it depends on how such a thing was detonated. (If, indeed, a bomb was involved.) I'd imagine the obvious detonator would be a timing device, and knowing beforehand at what time the aircraft would be over land would be a matter of guesswork.

the first egyptian plane crash tbh.. the others were not egyptian planes

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I suppose it depends on how such a thing was detonated. (If, indeed, a bomb was involved.) I'd imagine the obvious detonator would be a timing device, and knowing beforehand at what time the aircraft would be over land would be a matter of guesswork.
    I was thinking about that Old Trafford scare the other day. How secure are the stadium tours that take place every day on non match days? It would be easy for somebody to plant something in the dressing room, under Wenger's seat or in an executive box. My first thought was that Mourinho could plant a listening device in the changing room, but he'd probably be rumbled despite a fake beard and glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    I was thinking about that Old Trafford scare the other day. How secure are the stadium tours that take place every day on non match days? It would be easy for somebody to plant something in the dressing room, under Wenger's seat or in an executive box. My first thought was that Mourinho could plant a listening device in the changing room, but he'd probably be rumbled despite a fake beard and glasses
    There *is* an awful lot of money and experience and even expertise in private security nowadays, but it's still essentially a matter of, There, but for God's mercy and a' that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."