Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Awimb, I've been toying with the idea of stoping smoking for a very long time

Awimb, I've been toying with the idea of stoping smoking for a very long time

There is always an excuse not to.

For example I am going away in 2 weeks on holiday. plus it will help break my routine.

but I was thinking if I stopped tomorrow I should be alright by the time I go away. I feel ****ty anyway so to feel even more ****ty for a few weeks will be fine.

I am not going to waste anymore attempts with patches/cutting down/vaping etc.

I just got to stop. It might not be as bad as I think it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

For example I am going away in 2 weeks on holiday. plus it will help break my routine.

but I was thinking if I stopped tomorrow I should be alright by the time I go away. I feel ****ty anyway so to feel even more ****ty for a few weeks will be fine.

It's easy once you get over the initial couple of years.

Seriously, though, cold turkey's the way to go. Treat it as a challenge to your will and strength of personality.

will i feel somewhat alright in 2 weeks time? I don't want to ruin the holiday.

Agree with B, cold turkey is the only way. Very hard for the 1st couple of weeks but after that it's not too bad
    Was supposed to be giving up today but was in a grumpy mood, so went to buy a pack of 10 but they only had 20 Marlboro Lights.....then at lunch I found a full pack of Lucky Strike. Try again next Monday

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Agree with B, cold turkey is the only way. Very hard for the 1st couple of weeks but after that it's not too bad
    Was supposed to be giving up today but was in a grumpy mood, so went to buy a pack of 10 but they only had 20 Marlboro Lights.....then at lunch I found a full pack of Lucky Strike. Try again next Monday
    I am gonna try from tomorrow.

I am gonna try from tomorrow.
    I know it ain't easy as it took me at least 5 attempts to kick the habit, but what helped me was Maggie jacking up the tax in 1979/80. I can't believe how people afford it at today's prices unless it's hooky.

I found I drank a hell of a lot more after giving up fags 'cause my hand kept reaching for something to do and kept finding a glass An exercise regime is necessary too as most people get weight gain.

If all else fails have you tried hypnosis or acupuncture?

Good luck old fruit
    Calceus major subvertit

Even your flob stinks of garlic

If you're at a party and can't work out who is the weirdest most geeky person there it's probably YOU

The Jorge

I've never been able to cold turkey anything, I just dont have the willpower.

Vaping works well for me as it genuinely seems less addictive and, whilst I can sit there for an hour puffing away when I need to concentrate on something, I can just as easily go a few hours now without needing nicotine.

I've been trying the vaping in the evenings.
    After 9pm I lock the front door and chill out with the vape but I find it gives me a headache though it may be I use it too much.

Also i find it a bit heavy on the chest but it might be a combination of real cigarettes and the vape.