Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paging CrossGun & Hollywood - any fresh gems from SIMB today?

Paging CrossGun & Hollywood - any fresh gems from SIMB today?

10 characters. All of them thick as ****.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking View Post
    If such a thing as special secret agent custom tags exist then these chaps should get them.

Sterling work behind enemy lines.

I was a bit disappointed by yesterday's efforts, really. They all seemed fairly resigned to it. Some even seemed quite amused by it.

That's the thing: they were expecting it.

I liked the one about them finishing third in a two horse race.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was a bit disappointed by yesterday's efforts, really. They all seemed fairly resigned to it. Some even seemed quite amused by it.

That's the thing: they were expecting it.
    It's mandatory self-protective pessimism. Or at least the show of it. Yet we all know they were actually sitting there thinking "we could actually do this, please let it happen for once". They're in denial.

Yes, I liked that as well. At least the first couple of times I heard it....

It's mandatory self-protective pessimism. Or at least the show of it. Yet we all know they were actually sitting there thinking "we could actually do this, please let it happen for once". They're in denial.
    The ones I know couldn't even bring themselves to discuss the possibility of winning the league for fear of jinxing it.

Apart from a very few weak moments, I never seriously thought they'd win it. I don't know why. On paper it was perfectly possible - even likely. But the fact that they're Spurs just kept coming back to me and I ruled the possibility out.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The ones I know couldn't even bring themselves to discuss the possibility of winning the league for fear of jinxing it.

Apart from a very few weak moments, I never seriously thought they'd win it. I don't know why. On paper it was perfectly possible - even likely. But the fact that they're Spurs just kept coming back to me and I ruled the possibility out.
    I dont like the old ******* but sralxfrgsn had it right.

Oh I did get seriously worried about the league for a while, mainly because despite knowing how Spursy Spurs are, we had no idea whether Leicester would turn out to be Spursy as well when it came to the crunch. Thankfully they didn't.

But we really do make them what they are. They hold on to their "curse" as a badge of honour. Their longsufferingness defines them in their collective self-identity. They hate their board, their owner, their manager, their players, their fans - pretty much everything that's actually tangible about their club. Because only by being so hard put upon can they demonstrate their absolute devotion. I'm surprised the club shop don't stock a hair-shirt replica kit.

Oh I did get seriously worried about the league for a while, mainly because despite knowing how Spursy Spurs are, we had no idea whether Leicester would turn out to be Spursy as well when it came to the crunch. Thankfully they didn't.

But we really do make them what they are. They hold on to their "curse" as a badge of honour. Their longsufferingness defines them in their collective self-identity. They hate their board, their owner, their manager, their players, their fans - pretty much everything that's actually tangible about their club. Because only by being so hard put upon can they demonstrate their absolute devotion. I'm surprised the club shop don't stock a hair-shirt replica kit.
    I was in the caff yesterday morning and there was a fella at the table next to me with a bright yellow football shirt. On the back up by the collar was a little motif with the words "Echos of Glory". An odd mission statement, I thought, and wondered what team it was. Later as he came back from the loo I saw the badge on the front of a chicken on a basketball.

That. Sums it all up.