Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: DilemmaWIMB - Due to a clerical error, our company has failed to order printer paper

DilemmaWIMB - Due to a clerical error, our company has failed to order printer paper

There is considerable wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Now it so happens that I always squirrel away a packet in my desk drawer for just such an eventuality (or, more usually, for when my printer runs out and I can't be bothered going to the stationery cupboard). However, revealing this stash in order to help out would mean making this - some might argue slightly selfish - strategy of mine public, which could put me in a bad light.

My inclination is therefore to keep schtum.

What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Now it so happens that I always squirrel away a packet in my desk drawer for just such an eventuality (or, more usually, for when my printer runs out and I can't be bothered going to the stationery cupboard). However, revealing this stash in order to help out would mean making this - some might argue slightly selfish - strategy of mine public, which could put me in a bad light.

What say you?
    Can't you send a minion down to PC World for a couple of reams?

Sctum, yes, very much so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Can't you send a minion down to PC World for a couple of reams?

Sctum, yes, very much so.
    You'd think, wouldn't you? But judging by the anguished emails going around, people seem to prefer to curse the darkness rather than light a candle.

What say you?
    You could 'discover' it in a place other than your desk. "Oh! Look what I've found!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You could 'discover' it in a place other than your desk. "Oh! Look what I've found!"
    I was thinking the same. But then again it will require him to obtain a replacement once the main order has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I thought of this, but this would involve me having to smuggle the paper elsewhere and then 'discovering' it in front of witnesses in order to be convincing. All in all, I think it's best to say **** 'em and keep quiet.

I thought of this, but this would involve me having to smuggle the paper elsewhere and then 'discovering' it in front of witnesses in order to be convincing. All in all, I think it's best to say **** 'em and keep quiet.
    You need to cause an elaborate distraction. set the fire alarm off next trip to the toilets.
    or just throw it across the office.

What say you?
    Answer C: It's Friday - go to the pub

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Answer C: It's Friday - go to the pub
    He's gonna look stupid in the pub trying to hide a ream of paper under his arm.

though in one of my old work places the chef took a suitcase to the pub.
    The boss joked that it was full of stolen meat.

Actually it was.

Extol the virtues of a paperless office instead imo.