Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else starting to think we might actually get President Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Nice to have a bit of drama and personality involved in an election. Unlike our recent London Mayor elections. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Exactly, f. Those elections even managed to result in the election of an Allan and nobody cared. Admittedly, he is probably the world's blandest Allan, but even so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Oh right, so that's what you took from the whole "Make Murka Great Again" business, is it? It's quite hard to know where he's going with things as he tends to contradict himself a lot, sometimes in the same "sentence".
    Yeah, but nobody cares about that stuff. This is your problem, you see? You think people make political decisions based on careful consideration of policies and **** like that. They don't. They think of who they like most (or dislike least); who it's going to piss off (in Trump's case a lot of people that everyone dearly wants to see pissed off); and what's in it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nobody likes Hillary. Not even Hillary.
    Bill certainly doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Bill certainly doesn't
    I doubt she sucked his lemon much. Poor chap had to get others to do it. Quite a lot of others.

The Jorge
    Yeah, but nobody cares about that stuff. This is your problem, you see? You think people make political decisions based on careful consideration of policies and **** like that. They don't. They think of who they like most (or dislike least); who it's going to piss off (in Trump's case a lot of people that everyone dearly wants to see pissed off); and what's in it for them.
    Call me old fashioned but I do want The Leader of The Free World to be able to form a sentence that parses.

Call me old fashioned but I do want The Leader of The Free World to be able to form a sentence that parses.
    Why? Does that make them any better at Presidenting?

The Jorge
    Why? Does that make them any better at Presidenting?
    Yes, of course it does. I mean, this guy is essentially an adult baby.

Yes, of course it does. I mean, this guy is essentially an adult baby.
    Even if that were true, what difference would it make? Obama, by contrast, is slick, educated, urbane and engaging. What has he achieved? The square root of **** all, basically.

The Jorge
    Even if that were true, what difference would it make? Obama, by contrast, is slick, educated, urbane and engaging. What has he achieved? The square root of **** all, basically.
    He seems to have made a genuine difference to healthcare and education funding, not to mention steering the country back into growth after the financial crash. Not entirely sure what much more you could ask for.

He seems to have made a genuine difference to healthcare and education funding, not to mention steering the country back into growth after the financial crash. Not entirely sure what much more you could ask for.
    I miss chief