Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Money in football

Money in football

Please someone explain how new owners are going to benefit teams such as everton etc? i mean with FFP supposed to be in place now and that all money spent must be from own earnings? i know clubs can get past this by buying players and loaning them out etc, but just wondering how it works with these owners as i thought that was the point of ffp???

Quote Originally Posted by o2be a gooner View Post
    Please someone explain how new owners are going to benefit teams such as everton etc? i mean with FFP supposed to be in place now and that all money spent must be from own earnings? i know clubs can get past this by buying players and loaning them out etc, but just wondering how it works with these owners as i thought that was the point of ffp???
    My understanding is that the Financial Fairplay guidelines, such as they are, are largely concerned with players (transfer fees, wages and so on). So rich new owners can still make a big difference with regards to infrastructure and facilities, that sort of thing.

Our own experience suggests that it's good to be backed up by serious money, regardless of whether that money is actually spent or not. We can split hairs and argue over trophies or the need for fifty million pound strikers but at least we have good reason to believe we won't actually be going out of business any time soon.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Looking back I now think that the club lost it's mojo when David Dein left the board. Kronke just wants to watch the money rolling in, coldn't give an American **** about the fans imo
    Calceus major subvertit

Even your flob stinks of garlic

If you're at a party and can't work out who is the weirdest most geeky person there it's probably YOU

You got it. Kronke passed himself off as the rel deal after the old toffs

Quote Originally Posted by Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel View Post
    Looking back I now think that the club lost it's mojo when David Dein left the board. Kronke just wants to watch the money rolling in, coldn't give an American **** about the fans imo
    initially didn;t want him "not our sort" but when Usnamov came along and Danny Fiszman was taken seriously ill they though Usmanov was even less their sort and trusted Kronke to do the honourable thing. He hasn't.