Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 10 years of arsenal

honestly - its all true. the only debatable thing is the kronke taking money out, but the rest is FACT as rafa would say.

The Jorge
    That's always been his approach. I do think you need to be a bit circumspect here, surely you realise "leaders" is just another abstract term thrown out there by the same people constantly banging on about 'passion' and 'pride'.

Sanchez's dip can be attributed to the sheer amount of football he played, the Copa America last summer didnt help. As for Ramsey, the injuries this season have far from helped.

I get what youre saying but come on, some more critical analysis would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I run a vertically integrated narcotics and weapons smuggling operation on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Campaign slogan: Freedom fighting isn't actually free!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by o2be a gooner View Post
    but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world
    Except that for equivalent seats, and taking into account the number of games we get on our ST, our prices are roughly that same as Spurs and Chelsea - in other words the going rate for the Capital.

I agree with you about having a decent striker though. We'd have won the league easily with Harry Kane up front imo, and while such quality is hard to come by, it suggests to me that this team of Wenger's isn't quite a bad all round as it sometimes seems. Erzl has created about 157 chances this season. Better finishing and we wouldn't be worried about defensive errors or midfield stagnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Except that for equivalent seats, and taking into account the number of games we get on our ST, our prices are roughly that same as Spurs and Chelsea - in other words the going rate for the Capital.

I agree with you about having a decent striker though. We'd have won the league easily with Harry Kane up front imo, and while such quality is hard to come by, it suggests to me that this team of Wenger's isn't quite a bad all round as it sometimes seems. Erzl has created about 157 chances this season. Better finishing and we wouldn't be worried about defensive errors or midfield stagnation.
    I actually think it's the other way around; if we had better finishing, he wouldn't need to create so many chances.

Because I'm not a football coach, I would always build a team from the front. to the back. No-one particularly cares who plays behind the MSN, for instance.

Coaches could never make a living that way though, so they always tell you you must get the defence right first.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    Hang on, Kroenke taking money out IS a fact, it's just he's taken 1m out for every year he has owned us, which is absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Hang on, Kroenke taking money out IS a fact, it's just he's taken 1m out for every year he has owned us, which is absolutely nothing.
    I am somewhat bemused by the idea that there is something wrong with a man who buys a business quite legally taking money for himself out of that business.

Isn't that sort of what businesses are for?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I am somewhat bemused by the idea that there is something wrong with a man who buys a business quite legally taking money for himself out of that business.

Isn't that sort of what businesses are for?
    Apparently one of the changes they are demanding is that 'Kroenke must go'. How are they going to achieve that, then? Buy him out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apparently one of the changes they are demanding is that 'Kroenke must go'. How are they going to achieve that, then? Buy him out?
    Well quite. What irritates me is that more time isn't spent outlining just how monumentally thick these people are. They deserve nothing but contempt and ridicule, but instead are treated as though they are some sort of embodiment of 'long-suffering fans'.